Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Will most Anti-Vax parents vaccinate or homeschool?
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:21 am
Crazy theory here... could it be that certain insular segments of the population have latched onto the "vaccines cause autism" hoax because they're terrified of the idea that autism could have a genetic component?
(It's not good for shidduchim and all that)

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:29 am
keym wrote:
I've heard of a study that showed a link between autism and the age of the FATHER at conception. But I don't remember where.

My brother is on the spectrum (what they used to call Aspergers/PDD. I have no idea what they call it under the revised DSM. He's very high-functioning but also very obviously special-needs.) He's 33. He's my parents' 8th child. My parents were both in their mid 30's when he was born.

My mother was somewhat crunchy and believed in delaying vaccines. My brother had obvious signs of his condition way before he ever had a single shot. My mother A"h said that she cried the day he was born because right away she noticed something different about him. He was born on R"H and a very special community member came to the hospital to blow Shofer for all the patients. He saw my mother was a bit down and tried to cheer her by telling her that only special neshamos come down on this Holy day. To which my mother responded "I want a normal child."

So the whole MMR/autism connection never held any water for me.

All the anti-vaxers who are now vaxing 10 year olds....any of them showing sudden signs of autism?

I didn't think so.

My sister is a pediatrician. She told me that she gave the MMR to the baby of a patient whose grandmother is anti-vax. The woman called her that night, screaming and cursing like crazy that her grandson is kvetchy and totally not himself and she just ruined his life. The next morning, the little boy had cut a tooth.

Last edited by Chayalle on Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:30 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Crazy theory here... could it be that certain insular segments of the population have latched onto the "vaccines cause autism" hoax because they're terrified of the idea that autism could have a genetic component?

I absolutely think so.

You have to blame something, no?

yksraya

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 12:47 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:

It's actually not as much a theory as it really is genetic in some (if not all) cases.

My grandma's father was known to be an interesting person, and would constantly make sure things are in the right places. Just like my brother always grabs stuff and puts them in their place. It is very probable that he had aspergers.

My dad is kinda interesting too. Had some streaks of autism, he might've been diagnosed with mild aspergers has he been evaluated.

One of my other brothers is also kinda on the spectrum. Leads a normal life, but sometimes is in his own bubble etc. And some more mild steaks.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:32 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
So where are the group homes now of 40+ autistic people ?

idk what you are talking about. The same way you have group homes for autistic adults under 4o, you have for adults over 40. Homes generally cater to 6-8 adults and they live in residential areas with staff.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:23 pm
What’s with all the vaxing anti and pro on this website? Seriously!

yksraya

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:15 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
What’s with all the vaxing anti and pro on this website? Seriously!

Because it's a hot topic in the news.

keym

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 7:13 am
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Thoughts? Opinions?

Sebastian

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 7:25 am
Idiot parents

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 8:41 am
keym wrote:
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/1744001/monsey-anti-vaxxer-drama-satmar-girls-sent-home-from-school-crying.html

Thoughts? Opinions?

Good for that school! It shows the world that this isn't a "Jewish" problem. Judaism emphasizes preservation of life and respect for medical science.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 8:43 am
Sebastian wrote:
Idiot parents

I agree that they are idiots for thinking that they could get away with it.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 9:29 am
Chayalle wrote:
My brother is on the spectrum (what they used to call Aspergers/PDD. I have no idea what they call it under the revised DSM. He's very high-functioning but also very obviously special-needs.) He's 33. He's my parents' 8th child. My parents were both in their mid 30's when he was born.

My mother was somewhat crunchy and believed in delaying vaccines. My brother had obvious signs of his condition way before he ever had a single shot. My mother A"h said that she cried the day he was born because right away she noticed something different about him. He was born on R"H and a very special community member came to the hospital to blow Shofer for all the patients. He saw my mother was a bit down and tried to cheer her by telling her that only special neshamos come down on this Holy day. To which my mother responded "I want a normal child."

So the whole MMR/autism connection never held any water for me.

All the anti-vaxers who are now vaxing 10 year olds....any of them showing sudden signs of autism?

I didn't think so.

My sister is a pediatrician. She told me that she gave the MMR to the baby of a patient whose grandmother is anti-vax. The woman called her that night, screaming and cursing like crazy that her grandson is kvetchy and totally not himself and she just ruined his life. The next morning, the little boy had cut a tooth.

Chayalle, I’m curious - what differences did your mother notice in a day old infant with Aspergers?

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:20 am
keym wrote:
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/1744001/monsey-anti-vaxxer-drama-satmar-girls-sent-home-from-school-crying.html

Thoughts? Opinions?

I just want to know who the two women with long slinky skirts are!!!

yksraya

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:26 am
keym wrote:

Thoughts? Opinions?

I feel bad for those kids. School is almost over and is interesting in the last few days. A pity the parents made the wrong choice which effects their kids like that.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:07 am
The law is that they have 30 days to get her first of each vaccine, NOT THE DAY AFTER THE LAW WAS PASSED.
Satmar was in the wrong here. These girls had valid religious exemptions and thus were able to go to school and they have time to get the shots they need.

nchr

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:10 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
The law is that they have 30 days to get her first of each vaccine, NOT THE DAY AFTER THE LAW WAS PASSED.
Satmar was in the wrong here. These girls had valid religious exemptions and thus were able to go to school and they have time to get the shots they need.

Satmar has not allowed unvaccinated children in school for months now and these girls have may no documentation. This is probably an old picture.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:11 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I just want to know who the two women with long slinky skirts are!!!

They hired security guards. Theubhave out cards on Monday to each kid that wasn't fully vaxed. And on Tuesday, if you didn't have the card you weren't allowed in. They had all their office staff come in on Sunday and go thru the records.
Horrible.of them to do this the last week of school.

yksraya

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:15 am
amother [ White ] wrote:

The schools started sending kids home till they show immunity to measles, way before the law was passed. The law is for the future, not just for measles immunity, but for all shots. But the current outbreak needs to get under control, so that means all kids not immunized need to stay home so that the measles doesn't further spread. The cdc is very on top of it and the schools have no choice.

yksraya

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:21 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
They hired security guards. Theubhave out cards on Monday to each kid that wasn't fully vaxed. And on Tuesday, if you didn't have the card you weren't allowed in. They had all their office staff come in on Sunday and go thru the records.
Horrible.of them to do this the last week of school.

I agree it's not nice they waited till last week of school. The other satmar schools took care of the matter a couple of months ago. They should've done so at first signs of outbreak. Maybe the cdc came down hard on them this week and they had no choice but to comply? I wonder.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:23 am
yksraya wrote:
The schools started sending kids home till they show immunity to measles, way before the law was passed. The law is for the future, not just for measles immunity, but for all shots. But the current outbreak needs to get under control, so that means all kids not immunized need to stay home so that the measles doesn't further spread. The cdc is very on top of it and the schools have no choice.

How do you know these people didn't get the MMR but nothing else. As per someone who works there, anyone who was at all behind wasnt allowed in. It was not about the measles.
Page 8 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics