Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Lunch ideas?

MiriFr

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:00 am
What are some ideas I can send with my 2 and a half year old for lunch in day camp? He wont touch pasta, sandwiches, or yogurts.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:07 am
What does he eat at home
Sliced eggs, sliced cucumbers, baby carrots, sliced apples
Is he allowed meat
Grilled chicken fingers, with veggie and fruit snacks.

bestwife4

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:49 am
Pizza, leben, fish sticks, chicken nuggets

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 10:53 am
Sliced hard eggs in a small container. String cheese. Sliced cheese. Cubes of cheese. Tuna in a small container. Egg salad in a small container.

Rice in a container. Mashed potatoes. Crackers. Rice cake.

Applesauce pouch. Applesauce cup. Halved grapes in a container.

Cut veggies with or without dip.

Tell us what he likes. We'll figure out how you can package it so it's portable and easy for him to eat.

MiriFr

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 11:22 am
These are some great ideas! Hes very picky. Doesnt touch any protein besides beans and eggs. He has his days where he'll eat something, and then not touch it the next day, and I have no idea what he'll eat. He sometimes eats: oatmeal, tradition soup (I knowwww so unhealthy!), eggs, beans, waffles, smoothies (cant send to day camp), crackers, rice cakes, and I think that's it. I'm hoping he will get hungry enough playing outside to eat more! Maybe he'll see the other kids eating and want to try some.
I think I'm gonna send all those foods to day camp and ask his counselor to ask him what he wants to eat (hes very expressive) instead of sending 1 thing every day. Is that crazy?

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 11:27 am
You said he eats crackers and rice cakes. Can you send a package of each at the start of camp maybe a box of other shelf stable items he eats and that way if he doesn't want the lunch you packed the counselor can offer him the rice cake instead?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 11:31 am
Just package one option he likes each day fresh in a small container. And send it.

Stars

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 12:43 pm
Tradition soup to make it not so unhealthy you can add only a little bit of the spices plus some salt plus boiled carrots if he'll eat them.

MiriFr

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 1:10 pm
singleagain wrote:
You said he eats crackers and rice cakes. Can you send a package of each at the start of camp maybe a box of other shelf stable items he eats and that way if he doesn't want the lunch you packed the counselor can offer him the rice cake instead?

I think I'm gonna do that. Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics