Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What to do with little kids in Brooklyn or Manhattan

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:27 pm
Kids are 4 months, 3 year and 5 year old. We have a wedding in Boro park Thursday night and will be staying in Boro park for shabbos. Therefore, I need a full day trip for my 3 little kids on Friday since we have no where to really hang out. Not the type to hang out by the hosts a whole entire day. Anyone have some nice ideas?

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:30 pm
Coney Island, New York Aquarium, Kids n action, Adventurers amusement park, Brooklyn Bridge Park, 18th Avenue park in BP, Central Park in Manhattan.

leah233

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:33 pm
Prospect Park Zoo

Brooklyn Botanical Gardens

Jewish Children's Museum

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:35 pm
Domino park in Williamsburg is fabulous

seeker

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:00 pm
I'd suggest Brooklyn children's museum because if you're trying to kill a big portion of the day, it'll be hard to keep going outside. BCM has a lot for all the ages you mention, it has areas that are more and less stimulating so you could stay a while, and it's close to kosher food in the Crown Heights community so you can do lunch.

If you do want to go for a park, Brooklyn Bridge Park is fabulous, come prepared with appropriate wear for great sand and water features. But you are probably better off with an indoor attraction followed by a regular playground near where you're staying.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:03 pm
Jewish children’s museum is closed Fridays
Any other indoor ideas that are not too expensive?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Jewish children’s museum is closed Fridays
Any other indoor ideas that are not too expensive?

She didn’t suggest jewish children’s museum. She recommends Brooklyn children’s museum which is also in crown heights

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:30 pm
Someone else suggested the Jewish one. I feel that for the age OP is targeting, the Brooklyn Children's Museum has more appeal. JCM (if it were open) does have fun things for little kids but quite a lot is geared a little older, making it perfect for a family with a wider age range. It is not cheap. BCM should be a little lower priced and I don't think other indoor attractions for that age are cheaper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics