Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Fun pretend play ideas? And summer camp songs?

thegiver

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:56 pm
This is for ages 1-7. Pretend play like role playing or going places, etc.

Also Can you tell me which fun camp songs u know? How do the words go?

M0mmy

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:01 pm
thegiver wrote:
This is for ages 1-7. Pretend play like role playing or going places, etc.

Also Can you tell me which fun camp songs u know? How do the words go?

There are so many scenarios for role play, just choose ones kids are familiar with! Going to the doctor (- be careful it doesn't become too graphic), going shopping, cooking a meal, having a chasunah, driving on a trip to (you name it), making phone calls (these are hilarious!), building a sukkah (or something else), Shabbos seudah (kiddush, hamotzi, etc.), davening in shul (if the kids have seen this), "house", setting the table, doing laundry.

The creativity comes mostly from the kids, and it's so precious to see what they've picked up from home.

Have fun! Smile

DVOM

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:30 am
My kids love props.

You can pick up a bale of hay pretty cheaply from a gardening store and play farm or rodeo.
Buy a few bags of rocks from home depot and a biiiiig shallow container to put them in, put in all you dump trucks, and play 'construction.'
Get your hands on a refrigerator box, and make a castle or a space ship.

I'm a little out of touch with the sort of pretend play girls enjoy, but my boys love this type of stuff.

cholentfan1

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:46 am
don't know about songs, but I find the open ended resources can stimulate great imaginative play-if you have some big cardboard boxes, kids can spend hours with them-it can be a car, house, washing machine, rocket, tunnel, anything they want-then there's also the fun of decorating it...it's about sparking their imaginations

look online for kindergarden or first grade websites where they suggest ideas, eg: setting up a role-play shop, garage etc, you can even get books for them to come up with their own ideas

Surrendered

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:53 am
Grocery shopping! Save all empty containers and used up packaging from food items. Save some grocery boxes, create some fake money or credit card with a swipe and have loads of fun shopping!!!

M0mmy

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:55 am
Surrendered wrote:
Grocery shopping! Save all empty containers and used up packaging from food items. Save some grocery boxes, create some fake money or credit card with a swipe and have loads of fun shopping!!!

Reusing real materials is the best, and for others, check a dollar store. Mine has doctor kits and play money with a cash register.

Stars

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:59 am
Wedding!

dankbar

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 7:07 am
If you give them bunch of different dress up costumes, hats, accesories so they can dress up on own & pretend to be whatever they want & play whatever they want. They will come up with own ideas.

You can do anything like a plane ride, shoe store, old time village anything related to the parsha etc.

merrygold

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 7:19 am
check out www.ultimatecampresource.com
They have loads of skits, songs, activities etc.

karat

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 7:30 am
Prepare a picnic basket for lunch and head out to the park with a blanket.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics