Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Living on the edge AMA
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:00 am
I'm going to visit some family in New York and I'm about to get the measles vaccine. Anon so no one in my family recognises my sn. AMA

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:06 am
do you want us to cheer for you? pat you on the back? everyone should be checking titers and vaccinating if necessary.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:39 am
Yeah no. My title is tongue in cheek. I don't think there's anything crazy about what I just did. But if anyone has any questions about what it feels like to have been vaccinated an hour ago let me know.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:35 am
This is a really insensitive post. People who dont vaccinate their children are going through hell right now. Show a little mercy.

momsrus

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:36 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
This is a really insensitive post. People who dont vaccinate their children are going through hell right now. Show a little mercy.

Lol

What about the hell you put other families through the last few months.

You’re not gonna get my sympathy

little neshamala

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:43 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

Is this a joke?
The people who CANT vaccinate their kids because of medical reasons are going through hell. The rest of you dont get to lump yourselves along with them. Nope, no badge for you. So sorry.

yerushamama

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:55 am
While I believe very firmly in vaccinating, I understand that those who hold the opposite belief are going through a very difficult time right now. They have to either vaccinate against what they believe is best, choose to homeschool or ??? try to come up with another solution.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 9:03 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

I hope your post is also tongue and cheek, but if its not -

There are no antivax victims in this; there are only volunteers. These families made their beds for their kids and the rest of the immunocompromised population and now everyone has to lay in it. Awesome.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 9:14 am
If you need chizzuk, I got 2 MMR shots at age 64 and didn't experience any side effects other than a mild headache after the second shot. You may not notice any side effects.

The good news is that I don't worry about catching measles which is why I went ahead and had a titer drawn even after 3 health departments said that I was considered immune. It is worth the peace of mind.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 9:16 am
watergirl wrote:
I hope your post is also tongue and cheek, but if its not -

There are no antivax victims in this; there are only volunteers. These families made their beds for their kids and the rest of the immunocompromised population and now everyone has to lay in it. Awesome.

I love your post and am tired of their making themselves into victims as though they expect us all to go to Albany and demand their rights. Too bad.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 9:22 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

Since some didn't get that my title was tongue in cheek, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume yours is tongue in cheek as well.

Also, hi everyone. It's been just over nine hours and I'm checking in to confirm that I'm still alive. When I showered, I removed the bandage from where the doctor vaccinated and now I can't make out where the vaccine was exactly. I never knew I could twist my arm this way, wow. I can see all the way around it. I could probably get up and go look in the mirror, but I'm feeling kinda lazy... I mean sluggish. Side effect from the vaccine? I'm not getting up. I have freckles on my upper arm and I assume that one of the freckles is actually a vaccine dot. Actually.... Did I always have freckles on my upper arm?? Well, yes. But this many? Has there been any studies on whether vaccines can cause freckles? Did this vaccine cause some of my freckles? I dare you to prove it didn't.
I'll check in later if I'm still around. Thank you for joining me on this mind-blowing journey.

polka dots

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 9:49 am
Op still around? Just making sure you didn’t get autism

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:46 pm
yerushamama wrote:
While I believe very firmly in vaccinating, I understand that those who hold the opposite belief are going through a very difficult time right now. They have to either vaccinate against what they believe is best, choose to homeschool or ??? try to come up with another solution.

My recommendation is for them to move to an uninhabited island.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:58 pm
imasoftov wrote:
My recommendation is for them to move to an uninhabited island.

Deliberately expose their children to measles, so they get the disease, and then can demonstrate immunity.

I mean, sure, 1/20 kids who gets measles will develop pneumonia, and 1/1000 encephalitis (which can lead to convulsions, deafness or intellectual disability), but no biggie there.

Go on, non-vaxers. Get it over with.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 2:10 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

Oh, come on. Don't act like the "hell" they're going through wasn't their own conscious choice Can't Believe It

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:20 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Deliberately expose their children to measles, so they get the disease, and then can demonstrate immunity.

I mean, sure, 1/20 kids who gets measles will develop pneumonia, and 1/1000 encephalitis (which can lead to convulsions, deafness or intellectual disability), but no biggie there.

Go on, non-vaxers. Get it over with.

Even if that was something that could be seriously recommended, I still prefer them on that island.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Since some didn't get that my title was tongue in cheek, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume yours is tongue in cheek as well.

Also, hi everyone. It's been just over nine hours and I'm checking in to confirm that I'm still alive. When I showered, I removed the bandage from where the doctor vaccinated and now I can't make out where the vaccine was exactly. I never knew I could twist my arm this way, wow. I can see all the way around it. I could probably get up and go look in the mirror, but I'm feeling kinda lazy... I mean sluggish. Side effect from the vaccine? I'm not getting up. I have freckles on my upper arm and I assume that one of the freckles is actually a vaccine dot. Actually.... Did I always have freckles on my upper arm?? Well, yes. But this many? Has there been any studies on whether vaccines can cause freckles? Did this vaccine cause some of my freckles? I dare you to prove it didn't.
I'll check in later if I'm still around. Thank you for joining me on this mind-blowing journey.

I want to give you a bracha, Hashem should help that you should always be able to vaccinate and get vaccinated guilt free. Amen.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:27 pm
polka dots wrote:
Op still around? Just making sure you didn’t get autism

Hashem should help that you should always be able to vaccinate and get vaccinated guilt free.
and to all of the other posters making fun as well

momsrus

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:32 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Hashem should help that you should always be able to vaccinate and get vaccinated guilt free.
and to all of the other posters making fun as well

And I hope you don’t come to regret your decision.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:35 pm
OP's post contains too much levity for imamother. She must have been vaccine injured, and is now discussing pritzus like upper-arm freckles! Hashem yishmor!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics