Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How many of you watched this?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

how many of you watched this?
I don't have access  
 15%  [ 8 ]
I am not interested/don't have time/ didn't watch  
 69%  [ 36 ]
I watched it and found it interesting  
 9%  [ 5 ]
I watched it and found it uninteresting  
 5%  [ 3 ]
I watched some of it and found it uninteresting  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 52

happyness

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 5:48 pm
Also, the officials knew that this was not a RELIGIOUS problem. All of our RELIGIOUS leaders were telling them that this has nothing to do with a religion.

Come on! The past few months all you anti-vaxxers are arguing how it isn't SAFE to vaccinate. Not how it's against your RELIGION

When I don't let my child hold a knife, it's got nothing to do with RELIGION.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:03 pm
https://www.merck.com/product/.....I.pdf

Page 8, 2.3% developed Autoimmune disorders during 6 month trial, you call that safe ? the placebo was the same Aluminum poison AAHS for 4.000 human lab rats , & saline for 600, no autoimmune in the 600 saline recipients.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:03 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
https://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/g/gardasil/gardasil_pi.pdf

Page 8, 2.3% developed Autoimmune disorders during 6 month trial, you call that safe ? the placebo was the same Aluminum poison AAHS for 4.000 human lab rats , & saline for 600, no autoimmune in the 600 saline recipients.

Are you just assuming that we don't know how to or are too lazy to read drug inserts, so that you can just lie about what the drug inserts say? Or do you truly not know how to read drug inserts? Because what you are saying is totally false.

I just went to page 8 of the Gardasil drug insert. It was 2.3% for both the vaccine group and the placebo group. The 2.3% was distributed differently for both groups but in both cases it added up to 2.3%. For example: More people developed Lupus in the control group. More people developed acute thyroiditis in the vaxxed group. More people developed IBD and MS in the control group. More people developed celiac in the vaxxed group. And so on.

A bunch of bad stuff happened to people because bad stuff happens a lot, unfortunately. But it basically didn't make a difference whether they were vaxxed or got a placebo.

That's what page 8 of the insert says. Don't lie (or display your ignorance) about it.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 9:52 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The answer is that the anti-vax twisted everything Plotkin said in order to make vaccines appear unsafe. More than likely lots of people posting here use contraceptives that have a slight possibility of harm to health. Do you consider consider birth control to be unsafe? What percentage of negative effects makes something unsafe? Do you use homeopathic birth control pills?

That's why I use a diaphragm.
Why do all newborn babies and infants need the hepatitis b vaccine?

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 10:45 pm
delicious wrote:
Also, the officials knew that this was not a RELIGIOUS problem. All of our RELIGIOUS leaders were telling them that this has nothing to do with a religion.

Come on! The past few months all you anti-vaxxers are arguing how it isn't SAFE to vaccinate. Not how it's against your RELIGION

When I don't let my child hold a knife, it's got nothing to do with RELIGION.

No, some religious leaders were saying it's not a religious problem.
But, that's besides the point because if it's MY religion, who is the legal law-making body of a democracy to come and tell me that they don't care if it's my religion, and that I don't get to keep to it now.

It isn't safe to vaccinate and that's the part that is against my religion. Duh.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:19 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

It isn't safe to vaccinate and that's the part that is against my religion. Duh.

What is your religion?

yksraya

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:34 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
But, that's besides the point because if it's MY religion, who is the legal law-making body of a democracy to come and tell me that they don't care if it's my religion, and that I don't get to keep to it now.

You don't have a religion. You follow a religion.

So based on which religion is it that you can't vax? Not the jewish religion!

gamanit

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:52 am
Sebastian wrote:
most women ovulate btw days 12 and 18 of their cycle. sperm can live for 6 day. You need to abtain for 48 hr after ovulation. That doesn't leave much tahor time.

I'd rather tamper with my body although I do practice ecological bf for the most part to avoid bc after a baby for as long as possible.

And many many women ovulate from their second ovary a day or two before getting their period. Unless you're constantly tracking your ovulation you would not know about this. (most often if someone gets pregnant from the second ovulation they still get that period since their body doesn't know that they're pregnant yet)

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:30 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
That's why I use a diaphragm.
Why do all newborn babies and infants need the hepatitis b vaccine?

Many people opt to wait for the Hepatitis B vaccine and unless the mother is infected, there is no harm in waiting.

Sebastian

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:30 am
That's really cool! Wouldn't that egg be unable to implant though if a woman gets a period?

gamanit

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:33 am
Sebastian wrote:
That's really cool! Wouldn't that egg be unable to implant though if a woman gets a period?

It has a lower chance of successful implantation vs. the ovulation that occurs earlier in the month but it still has a reasonable chance of success.

In some cases a second ovulation results in fraternal twins that have a conception date of around two weeks apart (which can be seen on initial dating sonogram).

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:33 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

The same legal law making body that could jail parents for failure to obtain medical care for children suffering from serious illnesses because they prefer to use faith healers.

keym

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:39 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

And again, no one is telling you that you must vaccinate. The law (in NY) is that if you don't vaccinate, you may not send to school.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 1:29 pm
yksraya wrote:
You don't have a religion. You follow a religion.

So based on which religion is it that you can't vax? Not the jewish religion!

most of you have chose to ignore the answer I have repeatedly post it on here about religion.
I guess I will post it again
Religious beliefs always must be PERSONAL. you guys skip over that word.
reason being, if we have a rabbi claiming that zman motzei is at 6 o'clock and a chassidish guy is asked to be at community service at 6 o'clock based on that, he can't keep his later zman. how would that work?
if we have a Jewish rabbi claiming that metzitza b'pe isn't important then how would that work?
every segment of Judaism holds of the Torah and interprets it differently.
can a Amish person legally NOT vaccinate because it's against their religion?
Did you ever hear of a Christian leader getting involved in their followers vaccines decision. that doesn't happen and shouldn't happen. they can suggest, but nothing to the extent of law
and if you ask about Rabbis who support not vaccinating, Wachtfogel, Kamentesky are just two. plus another two dayanim in my area that I know of

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 1:32 pm
keym wrote:
And again, no one is telling you that you must vaccinate. The law (in NY) is that if you don't vaccinate, you may not send to school.

wait until the law is that if you want to do a Bris you must do it in the hospital under doctor's supervision
you can still do a bris
that is called coercion and it's against our constitution

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 1:33 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Many people opt to wait for the Hepatitis B vaccine and unless the mother is infected, there is no harm in waiting.

why would someone who trusts the CDC opt to wait with the Hep B vax?
if they're allowed to use their own brains then why can't I? and if you're gonna tell me that I am putting others at risk, I will tell you that I answered you already about that

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 1:37 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
No, the part where the Health committee was tied at 13-13 which would not allow it to get to the floor. Bill would be scrapped. But we can't have that, right? After all in a democracy, the liberals get their say regardless of majority vote, right? So we have the Speaker telling Gottfried who then tells Sayegh, a junior member, who then changes his vote and with that 14-12 vote it went to the floor.

IOW, in a democracy, we vote. If we don't like the outcome of the vote, we vote again, after forcing someone to change his vote. Sounds like America to you? If you want to actually watch it, This clip will show you.

I know that for someone who is pro-vax, they might not care about how this was passed. After all, if it's a good law, why does it matter? But it does very much matter, because at some point, a law that *will* matter to you will come to the same state Assembly and if you don't protest a miscarriage of justice when you see one, it can come back to bite you.

For example, Agudas Yisroel - they're now very afraid regarding the Education Bill because they saw from the statements that the state senators and assemblymen gave at the exemption vote that religion has no meaning to these people. (Some of the statements made are very shocking for us as Jews regardless of our vaccine views.) It's not a matter of pro or anti vax; it's a matter of THIS is not the way to get your agenda through in a democratic country.

my husband always says that America is Russia but with more paperwork

gamanit

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 1:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
most of you have chose to ignore the answer I have repeatedly post it on here about religion.
reason being, if we have a rabbi claiming that zman motzei is at 6 o'clock and a chassidish guy is asked to be at community service at 6 o'clock based on that, he can't keep his later zman. how would that work?
if we have a Jewish rabbi claiming that metzitza b'pe isn't important then how would that work?
Did you ever hear of a Christian leader getting involved in their followers vaccines decision. that doesn't happen and shouldn't happen. they can suggest, but nothing to the extent of law
and if you ask about Rabbis who support not vaccinating, Wachtfogel, Kamentesky are just two. plus another two dayanim in my area that I know of

Unless you are forming your own new religion you would need to show that you are part of a faction that considers this part of their belief system. If a chassidish guy is asked to be at work at the earlier zman he would get his rabbi to write him a letter verifying that he cannot work prior to the later zman. Is it so unfair to ask you to get a letter from your rabbi that your faction does not allow for vaccinations? I personally think that private schools should be allowed to accept religious exceptions but absolutely should not be forced to, and I would agree that they should have to include testimony from clergy member. Public schools are under the control of the state.

gamanit

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 1:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
why would someone who trusts the CDC opt to wait with the Hep B vax?
if they're allowed to use their own brains then why can't I? and if you're gonna tell me that I am putting others at risk, I will tell you that I answered you already about that

The CDC's recommendation for Hep B vaccine for newborns isn't because it's the ideal time to get it vs. later date from health perspective but rather because too many people aren't diligent about well visits at a later date. They found that total vaccination rates go up when the vaccine is offered for newborns. It's better to get the shot as a newborn than not at all. My pediatrician says to skip it since his patients are good about getting it later.

yksraya

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There is no religion called "amother azure". So she should stop calling it her personal religion.

And same with you. Don't make your own rules and say it belongs to religion. It's your bechira to choose wrong from right and make the wrong medical choice. But leave it at that, a medical decision. Keep religion out of it.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics