Home

What should I text my cleaning lady to fire her?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:08 pm
Ugh, I feel so terrible about this!

This cleaning lady has been coming to me every Wednesday for 6 hours, and Fridays for 2 hours. For the past 6 months, she's been texting me to cancel her Friday job about 75% of the time. She still has been reliable about coming on Wednesdays.

I recently hired a new cleaning lady for Fridays, who does a MUCH better job cleaning. She actually moves things around, doesn't just clean around stuff. She'd asked me if I have friends who need cleaning help, as she has more hours to work, so I decide to hire her for Wednesdays and let my old cleaning lady go.

Now I have to text her. She only speaks Spanish, so she puts my English texts into Google Translate. What should I write? I want to be nice! I feel so bad, but she's been irresponsible about Fridays, and not cleaning that well! Help!
Back to top

amother




White


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:12 pm
Personally - I would have her one more Wednesday and after that thank her and tell her you don't require her work any more. Write it down on paper if you need to.
Back to top

amother




Turquoise


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:29 pm
Muchas gracias por trabajar para mi. Ya no necesito tus servicios.
Back to top

Einikel




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:31 pm
I know many people tell their ladies that they can’t afford the help anymore.
Back to top

SixOfWands




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:51 pm
Einikel wrote:
I know many people tell their ladies that they can’t afford the help anymore.


I wouldn't do that.

Just say thank you very much for all of your help, but our needs have changed and we won't be needing your services after DATE. Best of luck.
Back to top

amother




Firebrick


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 4:25 pm
"You're fired". Twisted Evil
Back to top

amother




Taupe


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 4:28 pm
Thanks so much but I won’t be needing your help cleaning anymore
Back to top

agreer




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 4:54 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Muchas gracias por trabajar para mi. Ya no necesito tus servicios.


This is perfect.

And don't feel bad at all. Her cancelling on Fridays is a very valid excuse to fire her.

You do not need to wait one more Wed to do it in person. For 6 months of cleaning services, with her cancelling 75% of your Fridays, it's not necessary.
Back to top

amother




Seagreen


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 5:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ugh, I feel so terrible about this!

This cleaning lady has been coming to me every Wednesday for 6 hours, and Fridays for 2 hours. For the past 6 months, she's been texting me to cancel her Friday job about 75% of the time. She still has been reliable about coming on Wednesdays.

I recently hired a new cleaning lady for Fridays, who does a MUCH better job cleaning. She actually moves things around, doesn't just clean around stuff. She'd asked me if I have friends who need cleaning help, as she has more hours to work, so I decide to hire her for Wednesdays and let my old cleaning lady go.

Now I have to text her. She only speaks Spanish, so she puts my English texts into Google Translate. What should I write? I want to be nice! I feel so bad, but she's been irresponsible about Fridays, and not cleaning that well! Help!


You dint owe her anything seince she’s been not doing the eight thing by you. Just type “I won’t be needing your services any more. Thank you and take care,
Back to top

amother




White


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 5:41 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
You dint owe her anything seince she’s been not doing the eight thing by you. Just type “I won’t be needing your services any more. Thank you and take care,


What would a mentch do?
Back to top

amother




Wine


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 6:10 pm
If you want to be extra nice, you can help her find a new job. (I know you say she doesn't clean so well, but there is still plenty of demand, even for workers who are downright incompetent.)
Back to top

amother




Amber


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 6:46 pm
I won't be needing help any help anymore as my needs have changed.

Just be prepared. I had lady that wasn't working out and I texted her something like this. (I had given her some extra money the week before because I didn't have change and told her to keep it) I got a six paragraph text back in English how disgusting and horrible I was.
It was complete untrue but I realized I need to be really careful and it's a little crazy having someone working for me that I barely know anything about.
Now I have a lady who's family has worked for my parents for twenty years and I know her since I am in grade school. I am wayyy more comfortable.
Back to top

geemum




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:08 pm
I would add.... I wish you good luck and good health....Or something nice like that, so she sees there is no maliciousness.
Back to top

ProudMommie




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:15 pm
Tell her " thank you for your help. I will manage myself from now on. " I dont understand such worry ab being "super nice" to ppl who typically hate us. I cant stand to have these ppl in my space even if they r "nice"
Back to top

naomi2




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:19 pm
Let her come one more time, then tell her you wont be needing her and thank her and maybe give her a little extra bonus.
Ladies, this a real person we are talking about. With feelings. And a family. She is so poor she cleans houses to pay her bills. Try to be as nice as possible. I think 6 months is significant enough amount of time to warrant an in person firing
Back to top

amother




White


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:23 pm
ProudMommie wrote:
Tell her " thank you for your help. I will manage myself from now on. " I dont understand such worry ab being "super nice" to ppl who typically hate us. I cant stand to have these ppl in my space even if they r "nice"


For one - not give people more reason to 'hate us'.
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:24 pm
ProudMommie wrote:
Tell her " thank you for your help. I will manage myself from now on. " I dont understand such worry ab being "super nice" to ppl who typically hate us. I cant stand to have these ppl in my space even if they r "nice"


They don’t hate us, in general I find (assuming of Mexican or Argentina’s origin) very respectful.

Yes, you still have to be careful about making a kiddush Hashem doesn’t matter with whom.

My neighbor got a cleaning lady right before pesach (when she was very desperate) for $15 instead of the regular $12/13 an hour. She’s an excellent deep cleaner. The woman asked- will you drop me after the holiday like everyone else does? Obviously my neighbor had to do the right thing and keep her even when others eventually found much cheaper cleaning help.
Back to top

mirror




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jun 17 2019, 9:23 pm
You stole my bracelet
You stole my watch
You stole my cash
Then upped it a notch.

Your excuses make me tired
To your phone you are wired
You lied when you were hired
Which is why you're fired.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Nanny cam for cleaning help
by amother
4 Today at 7:59 pm View last post
Possible to manage without cleaning lady?
by amother
29 Today at 3:05 pm View last post
Cleaning help in monroe/blooming grove
by amother
2 Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:40 pm View last post
CLeaning help
by cookery
0 Fri, Jul 12 2019, 10:58 am View last post
Toilet brush for cleaning other than a toilet
by amother
71 Thu, Jul 04 2019, 10:24 am View last post

Jump to: