Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What do you wear to ds bris?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:02 pm
I’m expecting a boy iy’h after several girls. We've never made a bris. I want to look nice but a week postpartum I still look super pregnant and feel gross. What did you wear that was flattering?

mfb

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:04 pm
A mid pregnancy shabbos outfit. Those are usually not so maternity looking

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:05 pm
I had a girl but made a kiddish in shul 6 days after birth that I attended. I wore the dressiest maternity dress (black velvet pea in a pod with ruching) I had. Everyone looks the same post partum: no one will be judging you

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:06 pm
Ha! Whatever fits! I had a stretchy 2 piece I wore the whole 3rd trimester. I felt so svelte at the bris. I'm sure I didnt look svelte but I didnt care.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:15 pm
A dress I fit into at like 5m pregnant (I was very small). In hindsight a bad idea bc it wasn't nursing friendly so I had to totally undress to nurse baby after the bris - mohel recommends. But really whatever you fit into. You'll be sick of maternity but won't fit into regular clothing so just go easy on yourself and take care of shaitel at least.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:27 pm
mfb wrote:
A mid pregnancy shabbos outfit. Those are usually not so maternity looking

Can you describe what kind of outfit you mean? I would want to avoid stretchy I think.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:28 pm
I have worn a loose fitting silky top with a maternity skirt, or a loose fitting silky dress.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:31 pm
I bought an non maternity dress 4 sizes bigger then my non maternity size (I was a 2 pre so I bought a 10). It had a belt tie type of thing so itvautomatically made me look more slender.

(Plus being that you can tie the belt tighter even after I lost the extra weight I was still able to wear it.)

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:34 pm
Big-ish long top with pencil skirt and shoes with 1" block heels. Super flattering! Got so many "why-are-you-so-skinny?"s !!!

ETA these links:
https://us.asos.com/religion/r.....tunic long sleeves

https://www.solesociety.com/an.....w_wcB

tichellady

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:45 pm
I wore a maternity wrap dress to my daughters simchat bat so I could nurse easily but still look dressy.

naomi2

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:15 pm
Whatever fit. Noone will remember to be honest:)

nicole81

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:25 pm
I wore a dress from havahtribe that was a thicker fabric (shows less) and nursing friendly.

sky

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:52 pm
The point about nursin
g is true. If you nurse it’s a real comfort for the baby to nurse after.
I’d avoid any dresses with no opening in the front.

You’ve had other babies so you probably have a basic idea how much you bounce back by 8 days. I still look very much preg. The first ones I covered up with a shawl. My last baby I just owned it and wore comfortable/pretty maternity.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:57 pm
sky wrote:
The point about nursin
g is true. If you nurse it’s a real comfort for the baby to nurse after.
I’d avoid any dresses with no opening in the front.

You’ve had other babies so you probably have a basic idea how much you bounce back by 8 days. I still look very much preg. The first ones I covered up with a shawl. My last baby I just owned it and wore comfortable/pretty maternity.

I’m going to look online for a nursing friendly dress. I’ve never had one that I’ve loved did anyone else? And it’s more bounce than bounce back by 8 days for me LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics