Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Chicken soup recipe from chasidish or heimish homes?
Previous  1  2  3  4

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 6:54 pm
I get a total of 4 32 oz containers as well. I fill the pot very high and cook for 2 hours.

TYH17

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:33 pm
I can't believe no one said turmeric!! It gives it the most rich golden color, just needs salt along with it. Also has lots of health benefits;) I use 1 chicken breast with wing and skin in a mesh bag. Sliced carrots no mesh bag and celery, onion, bell peppers amd turnip go into a separate mesh bag. I did learn on this wonderful site to boil water 1st which gives it a great flavor. I did use chicken bones in addition to the chicken piece at one point and it definitely added a richness but not enough for me to do it every time, it was a very subtle difference esp since my kids love tons of lokshen in their soup.

Tzippy323

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:37 pm
I am not Chassidish, but I do make a chicken soup that people love.

I use a 20 quart shissel, and it cooks overnight.

6 chicken quarters and 1 large package of fligelach
2 large Spanish onions diced
3 leeks
2 large turnips chopped into chunks
2 parsley roots chopped into chunks
2 parsnips chopped into chunks
2 zucchini sliced in half and then into chunks
6 large carrots sliced
1 large bunch of dill without stems
1 large bunch of parsley without stems
2 cloves of garlic minced
Salt, pepper to taste

Throw everything in the pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 hour. Lower the flame to a simmer and go to bed. Make sure the pot is covered, and the soup is simmering. When you get up in the morning your house will smell amazing, and you have the satisfaction of knowing that you will have enough soup for several weeks. I usually get 5 64 ounce containers with some left over. I freeze it with the veggies in it, and serve it that way too. I use the chicken to make chicken pot pie, chicken salad, or put it in a zip loc bag with a jar of duck sauce, and heat it up with some rice and Chinese noodles for a quick supper.

Have a wonderful Yom Tov. I wish you all no wind and no rain!

PP31419

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:07 pm
Can’t believe no one does it my way. Im Chassidish

6 quart pot
Add two or more chicken bottoms With skin removed. Add enough water to cover it And bring to a boil. After about 10 min at a rolling boil spill out all the liquid. This plus the skinned chicken is the key to a non greasy soup that’s clear yet super flavorful then add to the pot with the chickens:
1 squash
2 carrots
1 sweet potato
4 stick celery
1 large onion
6 pieces garlic
1 parsnip
Parsley leaves (only if I find the prechecked)
2 tbsp salt (not full tbsp)
Sprinkle black pepper

Fill with water till the top leaving about an inch and cook for like 4 hours
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus