Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Checking private parts at the doctor
Previous  1  2

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:19 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
It’s totally normal and if it makes you so uncomfortable stick to female dr’s

I wouldn't be any happier with a female doctor doing this without explaining it to the child first. The problem isn't the doctor's gender, its his bedside manner.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:43 pm
Thanks so much for your replies, everyone!

Basically - his bedside manner has room for improvement. He’s not necessarily a creepy perv.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:02 pm
I remember when I was a teenager I used to dread it every time I had a well visit and the Dr. Asked me to pull down my tights and peeked into my panty. It was a female Dr. And I was still very uncomfortable. I always wondered what the point of it is.

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 10:30 pm
I take a few of my girls to an endo and it's always part of the exam every single time.
BUT
She does respectfully ask my girls first.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 10:48 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I remember when I was a teenager I used to dread it every time I had a well visit and the Dr. Asked me to pull down my tights and peeked into my panty. It was a female Dr. And I was still very uncomfortable. I always wondered what the point of it is.

I have no recollection of this ever happening to me. I wonder why??

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:05 pm
Endos do check private parts if the problem is growth maybe other things as well but I am sure about the growth. The endo checks to see how close to puberty they are by seeing the hair or lack thereoff. He should have told I will check. With mom in room Im sure it was not pleasant but was safe.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:06 pm
My PCP has me put a gown sometimes. Just FYI

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:21 pm
Growing up, our family pediatrician was male, and I remember being VERY uncomfortable, even from a pretty young age (younger elementary), as he would do extensive exams each time (to my memory), with lights and everything, and often with multiple staff (maybe to mitigate any accusations?). Even at such a young age, I felt very exposed and violated, even though bH nothing happened. I think my parents soon realized that my sisters and I were uncomfortable, and switched us to a female practitioner, bH, who, with our express permission, would just briefly peek inside our underwear.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics