Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
It gets me mad!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

yerushamama

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:50 am
?No 2 sides?
There are pro-vaxxers, and anti-vaxxers. Believing that they are wrong doesn't make them less of a "side" in the argument.
I am 100% pro-vaccines, but recognize that SOME of the concerns held by anti-vaxxers that I know are valid.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 7:18 am
yerushamama wrote:
?No 2 sides?
There are pro-vaxxers, and anti-vaxxers. Believing that they are wrong doesn't make them less of a "side" in the argument.
I am 100% pro-vaccines, but recognize that SOME of the concerns held by anti-vaxxers that I know are valid.

There are ways to address valid concerns with vaccine manufacturers that could result in safer vaccines but the way that RFK Jr, Toni Bark, Bob Sears, and other leading anti-vaxers are approaching it is not resulting in safer vaccines.
I was at a wedding hall in Crown Heights last night where babies could not enter due to doctors orders. People who have measles endanger babies. We may not know the ramifications of infantile measles for decades when they want to father children or if chas v'sholem SSPE develops.
So in this case, a difference of opinion can endanger lives. How can we tell someone that we respect his decision if one measles patient can easily infect a dozen others in a public gathering?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 7:24 am
I would also say that initially I too respected their right to this decision until I saw where it came from (quacks and cult leaders) and the cavilier attitude toward infecting others. Basically, they blew it.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 8:21 am
The way I understand it is as two wholly different mentalities:
ProVaxxer: Viruses are deadly and dangerous and we are on a mission to eradicate all of them. Right now we have vaccines to fight 14 out of numerous pathogens so it is incumbent on everyone to join in the fight against disease by vaccinating against these few diseases. If there is no vaccine for a disease, it is not in my control, so I won't think about the possible ramifications of other viruses. Medications, vaccines are gifts of science for us to use.

NonVaxxer: there are 1000s of viruses and pathogens in our environment. Our amazing immune system is designed to live with and fight germs. As long as we take care of our bodies by not ingesting or injecting toxins and chemicals, and by utilizing proper sanitation and hygiene then pathogens are nothing to fear. Our immune systems will be strong. Far scarier than chicken pox or measles is an immune system that is out of wack from an overload of toxins and chemicals.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 8:28 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
ProVaxxer: Viruses are deadly and dangerous and we are on a mission to eradicate all of them. Right now we have vaccines to fight 14 out of numerous pathogens so it is incumbent on everyone to join in the fight against disease by vaccinating against these few diseases. If there is no vaccine for a disease, it is not in my control, so I won't think about the possible ramifications of other viruses. Medications, vaccines are gifts of science for us to use.

NonVaxxer: there are 1000s of viruses and pathogens in our environment. Our amazing immune system is designed to live with and fight germs. As long as we take care of our bodies by not ingesting or injecting toxins and chemicals, and by utilizing proper sanitation and hygiene then pathogens are nothing to fear. Our immune systems will be strong. Far scarier than chicken pox or measles is an immune system that is out of wack from an overload of toxins and chemicals.

If the anti vaxxers were health minded people and not eating junk and using microwaves then that’s one thing. But all anti vaxxers I know eat everything some of the unhealthiest foods you would find In there homes.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 8:30 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

Or NonVaxxer - Its a conspiracy. BigPharma suck.

There are many reasons.

I would imagine that most people just get shots as told and move on with their days. I don't call that ProVaxxer, like I don't call people who drink water ProHyration.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 8:35 am
The one I know are either very health minded or don't vaccinate because they have vaccine injuries in the family. I don't know any antivaxxer who is just plain ignorant, lazy, neglectful, or brainwashed. I try not to make broad assumptions about people I meet and I always make a point of asking WHY they choose not to vaccinate.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 8:40 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
The one I know are either very health minded or don't vaccinate because they have vaccine injuries in the family. I don't know any antivaxxer who is just plain ignorant, lazy, neglectful, or brainwashed. I try not to make broad assumptions about people I meet and I always make a point of asking WHY they choose not to vaccinate.

I hope the ones that are vaccinated injured are not claiming that Down syndrome comes from vaccinating I have heard so much baloney and garbage I will say those legitimately injured from vaccinations from this whole group is probably 5-10%.

And none of the anti vaxxers I met were health minded plain ignorant

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 9:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If the anti vaxxers were health minded people and not eating junk and using microwaves then that’s one thing. But all anti vaxxers I know eat everything some of the unhealthiest foods you would find In there homes.

The anti-vax crunch Upper Westsiders that I knew didn't allow sugar into their homes. (Of course, the kids still got sugar from their friends, even in crunchy schools.) They were still nutty, giving their kids manuka honey and homeopathic sugar pills when they had strep instead of going to a real doctor and getting antibiotics. They thus spread strep to multiple friends.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:28 am
What matters is that the vaccines against highly contagious diseases protect the public.
It doesn't matter if people are sincere in their beliefs. It is important that wherever we are able to prevent illness that could result e disability or death, then we should. Because it's established in society that these diseases are preventable, the public trusts their judicial system to protect the public through laws.

keym

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:29 am
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:31 am
keym wrote:
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/1744001/monsey-anti-vaxxer-drama-satmar-girls-sent-home-from-school-crying.html

This is the polite version.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hope the ones that are vaccinated injured are not claiming that Down syndrome comes from vaccinating I have heard so much baloney and garbage I will say those legitimately injured from vaccinations from this whole group is probably 5-10%.

And none of the anti vaxxers I met were health minded plain ignorant

Because 1% science is mixed with 99% ignorance, the anti-vaxers are generally ignored by the scientific community. They have enough clout to cause mass epidemics and even deaths in some countries but because their leadership is shady, they only accomplish illness and death.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:24 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

I wonder how the anti-vaxers would deal with the situation in the Philippines where families live in cemeteries without proper food or hygiene. Maybe they will give a la la Land answer such as make Jeff Bezos provide them with houses and clean water but currently they are dying of measles and vaccines may save many of them, at least from that. Would they be more concerned about toxins in vaccines?

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 12:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don't really care about those or other practices that don't affect others I mean not unless they replace the chocolate in stores with Ex-Lax or remove the shielding from microwaves.

gamanit

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 12:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I have an anti vax neighbor and I really can’t handle it anymore she does not realize how stupid she sounded yesterday yelling st me that
One of my kids had eczema cause I got the flu shot I said what happened to the others or the fact that my mother in laws family has kids with skin conditions,
Does she not realize her children’s issues without vaccinating them her son had mild eczema also but she refused to hear.
She bashed rabbonim cause she must be the smartest
She badges all schools but yet she can’t homeschool
Her daughter listens to Christian anti vax hotlines since when is this ok.
Her selling me the Cuomo made 42 million dollars by passing the law to ban religious exemptions I can’t find it anywhere.

This all gets me mad and doesn’t even agree with the Torah with most that she does and says!!!

My baby got eczema before his first shots. What does she say to that?

mommyla

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 12:22 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

Or this:
Pro-vaxxer: we are so fortunate that modern science allows us to avoid some of the most serious and most contagious diseases. Thanks to vaccines, our children are no longer dying or becoming deaf, blind, paralyzed, or brain-damaged due to "typical childhood illnesses." We will continue to do everything we can to avoid non-vaccine-preventable diseases and be grateful that modern medicine can treat those diseases too. When we vaccinate, we protect our children and those who are fragile.

Anti-vaxxer: I am afraid of the chemicals and toxins that are in vaccines, even though doctors and scientists assure us that they are not more harmful than those in a banana. I am entitled to do whatever I want in my family regardless of who may be put at risk as a result, and I will help destroy herd immunity so that the most fragile among us will not be protected. Instead, I will purposely expose my children to diseases that can potentially be fatal or otherwise devastating, and I will tell everyone that it's good for them. I will talk all about how "Big Pharma" is making big bucks off of vaccines, even though they'd make much bigger bucks treating everyone for measles and polio.

[Obviously this is not representative of everyone's points of view, but neither is your post.]

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 1:27 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I wonder how the anti-vaxers would deal with the situation in the Philippines where families live in cemeteries without proper food or hygiene. Maybe they will give a la la Land answer such as make Jeff Bezos provide them with houses and clean water but currently they are dying of measles and vaccines may save many of them, at least from that. Would they be more concerned about toxins in vaccines?

Since you brought up the Phillipines. So sad.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/wo.....ldren

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:28 pm
gamanit wrote:
My baby got eczema before his first shots. What does she say to that?

She told me cause I took the flu shot I asked what happened to the other 6 that didn’t get and I did have the ahot

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:30 pm
keym wrote:
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/1744001/monsey-anti-vaxxer-drama-satmar-girls-sent-home-from-school-crying.html

The parents were warned they are done fighting with the DOH and the parents that don’t comply this was the only option and the parents gots letters
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics