Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Full Time Babysitting in Lakewood??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 12:29 pm
Hi everyone,
I really need some advice here. I'm 5 months pregnant with my 1st and trying to figure out what I'm going to do about babysitting/daycare.
I work in an intense secular setting and need to have a plan when I go into to talk to my boss about my maternity leave...
I work full time, and started a new job this year. It is amazing experience for me and will definitely help me further my career so I can eventually make a lot more per hour and be able to afford to cut my hours. Right now I have to continue at full time though. I cannot cut my hours in this company and it would be really stupid for me to leave my job right now for numerous reasons.
So for all you full time workers in Lakewood...what do you do about babysitting? I did not hear of a single babysitter that is open until 5. I know there are some babysitters that do just afternoon hours, but my husband is working too and will not be able to pick up the baby and bring from one babysitter to the other. Does anyone know of a good full time babysitter in Lakewood?
Also, I need something reliable because I don't have much family in town so I don't have people to fall back on when the babysitter is closed or on vacation.
I know that daycare is an option but I don't think I can afford it...unless it's not as expensive as I think it is?
I am totally at a loss here!
All advice is appreciated. Thanks so much!

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 1:06 pm
There are very few full day daycare in homes. If you find one do major research. About supervision and number of kids. And even that is closed all the time. It’s probably not doable for you.

I imagine either you would need a professional day care or a babysitter in your home. Like a baby nurse. You can call the agencies and price them out. Just if you do it make sure you have a nanny cam in your home.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:02 pm
There are some daycares that do those hours but they are more expensive especially for little babies. The price drops significantly at 18 months or so. Unless you are eligible for chs....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:14 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
There are some daycares that do those hours but they are more expensive especially for little babies. The price drops significantly at 18 months or so. Unless you are eligible for chs....

I don't think I would be eligible for CHS, probobly just miss the cut-off. Will look into it though.
How much do these daycares run without CHS?
Can you give me some names of places to look into?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:53 pm
There are many different daycares in town- ready set grow, kudz place, little people just to mention a couple. You can ask around about more and I don't know what part of town you are looking in. Pricing varies, ask around and compare prices.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:28 pm
Thanks! I will have to call around and ask what their price for newborns is.
If anyone recommends a specific daycare let me know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics