Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
How do I find a mentor in my Judaism
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

IrenaFr

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:22 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

. It's really amazing. I found learning Chabad Chassidus (Chabad is an acronym for Chochma, Bina and Daas - wisdom, understanding and knowledge. They focus on understanding and knowing who and what G-d is - as opposed to just belief) to be so helpful in my understanding of G-d and the world.

For me , trying to figure who the G-d is and putting him in some human models (even the most complicated) is a way of diminishing Him, making Him smaller than He is. We with our finite brain would never be able understand Him .
Scientists are trying to explain this world and can’t . How to explain G-d himself ?

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:52 am
IrenaFr wrote:
And He is not cooperating!
I loved this lecture https://www.ted.com/talks/harr.....ysics

Physicists now can’t explain anything for sure . They (mostly atheists) want to prove that our universe was created by chance and only one of the multiple universes but they can’t Smile They can’t prove or disprove anything.
For me it’s the proof of a creator that doesn’t want us to discover everything, that wants to remain hidden for now, but for them it’s not . So it’s all for us to choose.

I'm not sure science "wants to prove" anything. They just go where they believe the evidence or lack of evidence takes them. Also, they very fact that you say it's all for us to choose tells me that a small part of you is really not sure. It's not for us to choose if we believe in gravity. We all accept it's a fact. If we can rationally "choose" whether we believe in a hashem, you're saying there is some legitimate rationale on both sides of the argument.

IrenaFr

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 8:44 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I'm not sure science "wants to prove" anything. They just go where they believe the evidence or lack of evidence takes them. Also, they very fact that you say it's all for us to choose tells me that a small part of you is really not sure. It's not for us to choose if we believe in gravity. We all accept it's a fact. If we can rationally "choose" whether we believe in a hashem, you're saying there is some legitimate rationale on both sides of the argument.

Science wants to prove models that explains how our world was created . For now they can prove none of their theories. That’s what I meant .
They can’t also explain why our universe is so fine-tuned . And because they can’t accept the possibility that is was created that way on purpose , they came up with a theory about multi-universe. Which they can’t prove also .

I think that believing in Creator demands responsibility. If there is no Creator and we are here by some chance only , there is no purpose in anything and we can do everything.
So there is “legitimate rationale“ for not believing in Creator , I perfectly understand atheists Smile
So we can chose - do we take the responsibility or not . Emotions can be on both sides . For some it’s too scary to think that they are alone so they chose to believe in loving G-d. For some it’s to scary to take responsibility about their actions.
So for me - I do believe in a Creator , but I am agnostic in that Hashem is really caring about how we live our lifes . I don’t know . It also can be that for Him the things that we perceive as tragedies, can be something else. We can never understand Him that’s what I think. I prefer to think of course that he is caring and loving and wants for me to be happy and well and close to him etc but that I can’t be sure . But I hope .
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics