Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Chicco or Graco Infant car seat?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 10:43 pm
Which do you recommend? It looks like the Graco ones weigh a bit less- will the 2 pound (or less?) difference matter that much? Benefits of either one over the other?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:14 pm
Love my Chico. So easy to install and make adjustments. Baby fit well in it with the insert.

Tzivia18

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:33 pm
Love my graco stroller and car seat. Really good quality and fair price. Happy mommy and happy baby!

thanks

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:57 pm
Graco makes a snap and go that goes along with the car seats. If that's a consideration for you, it makes sense to get the same company.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 12:12 am
thanks wrote:
Graco makes a snap and go that goes along with the car seats. If that's a consideration for you, it makes sense to get the same company.

So does chicco.

MommyM

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 9:05 am
I have graco and am happy. I know people who have chicco and are happy. 2 pounds does make a difference especially once the baby starts getting heavier, but if that's the reason for choosing graco, they're not all the same weight, so double-check the one you choose before buying.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 9:11 am
I had the graco infant seat with the matching snap and go for my first 2 kids. I found the quality of the stroller frame and the look of the car seat to be very very inferior to my sisters chicco infant seat and stroller frame. Switched to chicco for baby 3, 4, 5, and now baby 6, and love it. Quality of the stroller frame (the empty base that the car seat snaps on to) is much much better, making for easier smoother walks.

merrygold

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:29 am
They're both great options. I went with the Graco because the weight did matter to me.
See if there are people who have these - and try them yourself to see how they feel/push, etc

thrive2survive

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:33 am
im not sure if you heard of the doona. but that would always be my first option

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:43 am
thrive2survive wrote:

That might be a lot of people's first option, but for the price...

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

groovy1224

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:46 am
thrive2survive wrote:

Lol that's like telling someone who's deciding between a Michael Kors and a Kate Spade to get a Louis Vuitton.

ETA: OP, those 2 are pretty similar, the main thing I'd look for is one with a no rethread harness. I don' think the graco's have that, except in the most expensive model. If the Chicco does I'd go with that

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:08 am
I don't know what fabric the Chicco is made of but many Graco car seats have a plasticky feel and my dd would sweat profusely in it

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:46 am
I was fine with the Graco car seat but did not like the snap-n-go. Now I have a double from Britax, but if I'd go back to a single in the future, I don't think I'd be so quick to use Graco again.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 12:29 pm
I love my chicco carseat and the 2 pounds didn’t make a difference to me. It’s soft and comfortable, installs super easily, and seems like higher quality than graco in my opinion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics