Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I need advice
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:47 pm

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 4:42 am
Chayalle wrote:

My personal observation is that kids seek friends that make sense for them on an emotional, social, and behavioral level. They have something in common with this child that makes it work for them. When we interfere with the social process, we often end up with a child that does not know how to make healthy friendships.

One of my sons has behavioural and emotional struggles. He has a heart of gold, but from the outside I'm sure his behaviour raises eyebrows. I find it fascinating that his friends tend to be the quieter, well-behaved 'goody-goodies' in the class. Healthy, mutual friendships. For whatever reason, they each connect to the other. Opposites attract? I don't know, but maybe this is similar to the situation with your son and his friend. I have not seen any negative effect on the other boys - they're still top students and still have the same eidel personalities. They enjoy each other's company, meet up after school to play board games, work on projects together.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jun 21 2019, 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

behappy2

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:34 am
I don't feel comfortable giving advice on something I dont support. I think the sentiment of some of these woman are the same. It could be with more details we would be able to understand you better. Or not. Hatzlocha. Raising kids is hard. My advice to you would be put your energies where it really matters.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This wasn't a workshop during school time it's for something outside the school hours and I would be only these 2 kids with other boys from other schools.

Even the more reason for the mother to try to pair the two together. Your son is the only person in this workshop that the boy really knows, any parent would try to pair up a friend for their kid in this situation.

Unless there's something you're not saying here. I agree with the others. It sounds like you don't like the kid and anything the mom & kid will do will be interpreted in a negative fashion.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics