Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Differences between Staten Island and BP

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 12:00 pm
Thinking about moving to Staten Island , What are some advantages and disadvantages you can name ? Is there’s any shops in SI? Also I don’t drive so will this be a big obstacle ? How long your kids travel to get to school to BP?
TIA

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 12:10 pm
The biggest difference (as someone who grew up in SI) is the diversity in SI. In BP 95% of the frum community is chadsidish. In Staten Island you’ll have all types from MO to more RW non chasdidish. I also grew up commuting to Brooklyn (Flatbush) schools but it was a large group of us and we had a bus.

Are you looking to learn how to drive? How do you plan on doing errands? To me not driving sounds very hard

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 12:39 pm
I recently moved to SI.
Here's what I would tell u:

First make sure you can afford it. Everything costs money and nothing besides grocery is within walking distance.
There's a shuttle that costs $10 each way. I don't drive either so that's how I come and go.
Main main thing is, first make sure your kids have transportation. If you move to westerleigh, there's no transportation there. Only in willowbrook. You gotta confirm there's room on the bus because last I heard the buses were full.

Rr2

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:16 pm
I also moved recently to SI and we're really loving it! There's something about having the outdoors and being so close to Brooklyn. The shuttle is cheaper (about six dollars) if you take it often. The buses for the children usually work out but depends which schools you send to. Wishing you much luck on your decision.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating