Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Closed forum for those who don't vax?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

chestnut

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:00 pm
polka dots wrote:
Lol noticed it too!
Imamother is a FRUM forum. All leading rabbanim are urging to vax , so I don’t think this is the place for you to find a safe haven

All??

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:11 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
How about a private forum for mothers who formerly vaccinated but then stopped after severe, permanent, devastating side effect that happened to their baby right after vaccination? Can we have a forum for those mothers, or no, because a terrorist is a terrorist?

There should be a closed forum for parents of children with severe medical conditions, regardless of if parents think such a condition is related to vaccinations - I imagine it would offer tremendous benefits for the parents. However, since the chances of a legitimate severe reaction to a vaccine is about 1 in 1 or 4 million, it's unlikely you'd have enough parents in such a forum if limited to just vaccinations. Regardless of your beliefs on vaccinations, you are not a terrorist.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:11 pm
I was just going to say that. So many of our gedolim have publicly stated that one who doesnt vaccinate has a din of a rodef. So many gedolim have stated that one is obligated to vaccinate.

I dont think imamother would create a private forum for those who want support for eating ham sandwiches, likewise there shouldnt be a forum for doing something against Daas Torah

polka dots

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:18 pm
I’m all for vaccines, but calling an antivax a terrorist is just not right. I don’t think they are bad people looking to harm the world, they don’t even vax their own kids. They truly believe that they are right, they truly believe that have uncovered a huge conspiracy. I truly feel sorry for them that they were shlepped along into this

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:22 pm
I did not call them terrorists!

I said that just as we don't give a safe haven to those who want to harm others, in a variety of ways, nor should we give a safe haven to those who don't vaccinate and this harm others.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:22 pm
I'd love such a forum. OP, your best bet is to PM Yael with your request. It's her decision.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:25 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:

I said that just as we don't give a safe haven to those who want to harm others, in a variety of ways, nor should we give a safe haven to those who don't vaccinate and this harm others.

Y'know, our right to own guns makes me feel unsafe. Guns kill people and just because you have a right to bear arms doesn't mean you should be allowed that right. Guns get stolen, taken, sold on the black market. And guns kill. Nearly 40,000 people died from gunshots in the US in 2018. I don't know how many people got hurt from gunshots. But that's definitely more than the amount of people who died or got hurt from measles. We should outlaw guns.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:28 pm
OP here. The reason I want a forum-does not have to be on imamother, as I said, I just want to know if there is interest, is that I want to discuss which island we should all move to together.
Isn't that what you all want? But I want to do it in peace, without all the bla, bla from either side of the fence. I work f/t and I'm a very goal oriented person. I just don't have time for all the extras.
I have absolutely no intention of forging anything chas vshalom. I never did, and I don't plan to.
I see this post turned too chatty. Please email at [email removed] with your religious exemption so that I know you're legit (you can cross out identifying info) if you're interested.
Hate mail accepted as well, but I will not take the time to read it.

thanks!

polka dots

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:34 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:

Sorry, I didn’t mean to call you out on that. Was just trying to express that I don’t think antivaxxers are bad, I just think their mind was kidnapped

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Let's not respond to anything unrelated to my original post. I don't want to go off rail. Thank you!

I just want to tell you that stewed radishes are delicious with a little barbecue sauce and marjoram.

WhatFor

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:39 pm
Vaccination threads used to be in safe-haven and were specifically removed. You ladies are endangering Jewish babies’ lives and yet you want immunity from criticism of your own viewpoints? You are okay with a baby getting ill and dying from your actions but you’re not okay with someone verbally questioning your adult self?

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:55 pm
To all of you "vaxxers" that heatedly rant and rave at anyone that does not vaccinate:
If you're concerned about this being a frum site and rabbonim said to vaccinate bla bla bla...can you consider that it is wrong to hate people, and to be angry? Can you consider that Hashem runs the word and that everyone has their own tafkid, circumstance, brain etc with which to serve Hashem? Can you consider that no antivaxxer can make anyone sick - Hashem does? Can you consider the pain of people who's children have been affected by vaccines (even if it is not statistically proven)? Yes I believe that we have to do our hishtadlus and vaccinate our children - if you did that good for you - now keep davening - the real hishtadlus is tefilla. If you believe that you're doing what you can and Hashem runs the world - that's enough. YOu can also try to convince some people in a nice way to vaccinate or you can leave it up to askonim. All this sinas chinam that has come up from vaccines cannot be doing us all any good. We need herd immunity of ahavas chinam. To all you vaxxers that are so angry at the antivaxxers - you are affecting all of klal yisroel with your fighting,.the worst chilul hashem is when Jews hate other Jews.

Just to make it clear - I vaccinate my children and believe that everyone should.

momsrus

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:57 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Imamother is a site for frum women. It doesn’t discriminate on the basis of these women’s beliefs. I think a forum for antivaxers is a great idea so people can have a discussion without being bashed.

Be warned though, often people manage to join groups when they shouldn’t be there.
On the stepmothers forum a stepchild once came on when the group is meant to be for stepmothers of blended families. My point is that someone can join the antivax group yet be a pro-Vaxer lurking.... Hatzlacha but beware.

Actually, these woman belong to a different religion.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:57 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
To all of you "vaxxers" that heatedly rant and rave at anyone that does not vaccinate:
If you're concerned about this being a frum site and rabbonim said to vaccinate bla bla bla...can you consider that it is wrong to hate people, and to be angry? Can you consider that Hashem runs the word and that everyone has their own tafkid, circumstance, brain etc with which to serve Hashem? Can you consider that no antivaxxer can make anyone sick - Hashem does? Can you consider the pain of people who's children have been affected by vaccines (even if it is not statistically proven)? Yes I believe that we have to do our hishtadlus and vaccinate our children - if you did that good for you - now keep davening - the real hishtadlus is tefilla. If you believe that you're doing what you can and Hashem runs the world - that's enough. YOu can also try to convince some people in a nice way to vaccinate or you can leave it up to askonim. All this sinas chinam that has come up from vaccines cannot be doing us all any good. We need herd immunity of ahavas chinam. To all you vaxxers that are so angry at the antivaxxers - you are affecting all of klal yisroel with your fighting,.the worst chilul hashem is when Jews hate other Jews.

Just to make it clear - I vaccinate my children and believe that everyone should.

Nobody really hates the anti-vaxxers. People pity anti-vaxxers the way you would feel bad for someone with a mental illness that makes them harm themselves and their family.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:04 pm
there are multiple groups for anti vaxxers.
I'llemail you about them
and I wouldn't mind a closed forum
but it isn't necessary for me with all the other groups I have got

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:07 pm
I would be in in Yael approves. Great idea.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:12 pm
OMG amother Orchid, what a fool you are! Omg! I hope you realize how stupid your post is.
Would you let your child run into the street, touch fire, jump off a bridge.... and say "hashem is in charge??"
It's exactly the same thing. Hashem is in charge but we have bechira/choice to make our own decisions.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:17 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
OMG amother Orchid, what a fool you are! Omg! I hope you realize how stupid your post is.
Would you let your child run into the street, touch fire, jump off a bridge.... and say "hashem is in charge??"
It's exactly the same thing. Hashem is in charge but we have bechira/choice to make our own decisions.

Exactly. And even though we know that everything is ultimately from Hashem, do we not have the right to be upset at a murderer? Although Hashem allowed it to happen, he chose to murder with his bechira. Someone who deliberately and uncaringly puts vulnerable people at risk deserves the spite of others.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:18 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:

Thanks for posting this. I'm also pro vax. You expressed exactly what I keep thinking. Hashem is not happy with all this hate. It's a real test.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:22 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
How about a private forum for mothers who formerly vaccinated but then stopped after severe, permanent, devastating side effect that happened to their baby right after vaccination? Can we have a forum for those mothers, or no, because a terrorist is a terrorist?

If this is you, please accept my hugs. I think you'll have to find your support elsewhere. I doubt we have the numbers, and I see a lot of future headache that I totally would get Yael wanting to avoid.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics