Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Neighbor parking in my driveway - vent
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 7:08 am
Sorry, I still can't get past the part about your LAWN! Surprised

That's not just lazy, that's pure disrespect. I'd consider it a giant (expletive deleted)!

This would mean war if it were me. You pay property taxes, a mortgage, or rent, right? You are paying for that driveway, and you have the right to defend what you pay for.

Possession is 9/10 ths of the law.

I would be so tempted to let the air out of his tires, but that wouldn't get him out of your driveway. Keying his paint job or egging his windshield come to mind, as well.

Take the high road, and call the police every single time. Do not back down!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 7:22 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
WHAT?!? He knows the delivery guy, so he can block?? Beyond chutzpah!!!!!!
When did he start this parking in your driveway chutzpah?

As soon as he got a car. He's pushy.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 7:30 am
notshanarishona wrote:
The minute you give them leeway that you understand if it's just for a minute or if weather is bad certain people will take that to mean they can always do it. You need to just say no ! And call the cops /towing company if they do it.

This guy is like that.

DH doesn't back me on this. He will say I have plenty of room. He doesn't want to fight with neighbors.

To make matters worse, my delivery didn't come, and I have to deal with this again today. DH says the delivery guy can ask him to move.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 7:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
As soon as he got a car. He's pushy.

Is he jewish? I'm guessing he doesnt have his own driveway, but that's his problem, not yours.
I know it's hard to do, but you must let him understand that it is totally forbidden. He will be super angry, but you don't have to feel bad, since you did nothing wrong.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 7:31 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Sorry, I still can't get past the part about your LAWN! Surprised

That's not just lazy, that's pure disrespect. I'd consider it a giant F-You!

This would mean war if it were me. You pay property taxes, a mortgage, or rent, right? You are paying for that driveway, and you have the right to defend what you pay for.

Possession is 9/10 ths of the law.

I would be so tempted to let the air out of his tires, but that wouldn't get him out of your driveway. Keying his paint job or egging his windshield come to mind, as well.

Take the high road, and call the police every single time. Do not back down!

I can't because I won't fight with DH over this. He's knows how I feel.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 7:32 am
Is it possible for you or your husband to park across the driveway, so he won’t be able to park in it?

When I was 8+ months pregnant, there was voting in my neighborhood. I live on the same street as a polling location, so my street was very busy. Well, someone decided to park in my driveway. I have a history of going into labor early, so I was super nervous about that. I called s cop over and asked him what to do. He said if it’s still there in an hour I should call him over again, and then he will ticket them and then I can get the car towed. I was in the middle of calling him back over an hour later, when the owner showed up.
A different voting time, someone parked in my driveway, also for over an hour ( why over an hour? Voting takes AT MOST 10 minutes!!) and then when she came back and I asked her not to park in my driveway next time without asking first, her response was “sorry, we are friends, I figured you wouldn’t mind.”

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 7:42 am
Is he jewish? I'm guessing he doesnt have his own driveway, but that's his problem, not yours.
I know it's hard to do, but you must let him understand that it is totally forbidden. He will be super angry, but you don't have to feel bad, since you did nothing wrong.

He is Jewish and doesn't own his own driveway.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 7:44 am
If you are doing the driving, park in a way that takes of half of two spots so there's no room for him.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 7:44 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Is it possible for you or your husband to park across the driveway, so he won’t be able to park in it?

When I was 8+ months pregnant, there was voting in my neighborhood. I live on the same street as a polling location, so my street was very busy. Well, someone decided to park in my driveway. I have a history of going into labor early, so I was super nervous about that. I called s cop over and asked him what to do. He said if it’s still there in an hour I should call him over again, and then he will ticket them and then I can get the car towed. I was in the middle of calling him back over an hour later, when the owner showed up.
A different voting time, someone parked in my driveway, also for over an hour ( why over an hour? Voting takes AT MOST 10 minutes!!) and then when she came back and I asked her not to park in my driveway next time without asking first, her response was “sorry, we are friends, I figured you wouldn’t mind.”

The problem is that then we have to move everytime someone needs to go in and out. Plus I like to park next to my side door .

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 8:59 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
This is a good idea for someone else to do. The reality is that if op does this, she is starting a permanent war that will last forever. The neighbor is obviously wrong for parking in the op's driveway, but is it worth ww3?

Bottom line .... What is your solution

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He is Jewish and doesn't own his own driveway.

I have a feeling I know what sect of Judaism this guy is part of. Entitelment is common in their circles. Not going to say which group Im referring to, because I don't like to start wars...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:23 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Bottom line .... What is your solution

Hence, the vent. No solution. I called his wife also.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:25 am
I have a feeling I know what sect of Judaism this guy is part of. Entitelment is common in their circles. Not going to say which group Im referring to, because I don't like to start wars...

Dont go there. Stick with giving OP empathy or solutions. There are a-ho@es all over. Whats the dif to Op’s pain?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:29 am

That what's yours is mine when I need it attitude is frustrating.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:30 am
You can put a big sticker on his windshield with a message not to block your driveway.

The kind of sticker that leaves sticky residue... Twisted Evil

JAWSCIENCE

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:39 am
Is he parking in your driveway or parking in a spot on the street and his car partially blocks your driveway? How can you get around him if he is in your driveway? Also is your driveway legal or just a car port? If your driveway is legal and he is in it then you can call a tow truck. If he is just sticking out a little it’s more questionable.

On my block several people built illegal car ports or tried to paint extra yellow lines bu the sides of their driveway since they “need more space to maneuver” as their driveways are tight and they say they are not good drivers. They then try and yell at people for being in those slots. One literally comes out of her house and yells that people are blocking her driveway when in fact the people are in legal spots and she’s just trying to extend her driveway. Her husband leaves nasty notes on people’s cars. That is not right. Neither are he ilegal car ports. These people are trying to grab extra public spots for themselves and acting as if people are in their driveways. If you are one of those people you should not call for a tow truck.

Based on the behavior of the car port people on my block nothing shocks me anymore. But the lawn Business is pretty aggressive and ridiculous.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:45 am
Nobody is going to like my answer.

Obviously, DH does not care about his wife's feelings or her comfort. You are being treated like a shmatte by both your neighbor and your husband, and this is unacceptable. People will only treat you as badly as you allow them to.

OP, time to take things into your own hands. Either put on your big girl panties and stand up to DH, or smash eggs on the other car's windshield every time he parks there. Blame it on local teens, bored with nothing to do for the summer.

Heck, I'm angry, and it's not even my driveway! It's the principle of the thing. Mad

Dandelion1

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The problem is that then we have to move everytime someone needs to go in and out. Plus I like to park next to my side door .

So it's a shared driveway?

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 10:15 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Nobody is going to like my answer.

Obviously, DH does not care about his wife's feelings or her comfort. You are being treated like a shmatte by both your neighbor and your husband, and this is unacceptable. People will only treat you as badly as you allow them to.

OP, time to take things into your own hands. Either put on your big girl panties and stand up to DH, or smash eggs on the other car's windshield every time he parks there. Blame it on local teens, bored with nothing to do for the summer.

Heck, I'm angry, and it's not even my driveway! It's the principle of the thing. Mad

Hey, I like your answer. Very much so.

It's ok if DH wants to be nice - but only if it encroaches on things that affect only him. This is really making things difficult for the OP, and DH's obligation is first and foremost to be nice to his wife & respect her needs.. He needs to step up to the plate here, and if he's not, then OP should take matters into her own hands.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 10:32 am
Stickers
We had them printed up in neon colours and wrote
“Thank you for blocking our driveway.”
In fact other neighbors borrowed some from us. Put them on windshields and mirrors.
We had a stranger park in our driveway and then threaten to call police if we don’t let him out ( we blocked him in). My dh said go ahead good luck with that.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette