Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Airbnb with 2 beds?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 11:41 am
I've been looking at so many airbnb places. Our rav said it's better not to have 1 bed for me & DH. Looking for a place within an hr of Maryland that can host DH & me (2 beds in the room), 7yo, 5yo and toddler.

Has anyone seen anything that fits the criteria? The 2 beds thing is making it super difficult.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 11:45 am
I’d look for a residence inn that often has 2 bedroom suites

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 11:46 am
We've done that in the past but would like a private house so that the house itself will be the bulk of the vacation.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 12:15 pm
Try looking for a bigger house with more bedrooms.

LittleMissMama

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 12:19 pm
Bring an air mattress.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 12:55 pm
Will you be a niddah on this vacation? Just wondering why the Rav made this recommendation

emmes

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 1:29 pm
Look for one with 3 bedrooms. You'll use the master bedroom for yourself, 2nd for kids, 3rd for backup.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 2:06 pm
emmes wrote:
Look for one with 3 bedrooms. You'll use the master bedroom for yourself, 2nd for kids, 3rd for backup.

IME, most AirBnB have 2 beds in the second bedroom. So put the kids in the master bedroom, sharing whatever bed is there, and you take the second bedroom. Done.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 2:08 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Will you be a niddah on this vacation? Just wondering why the Rav made this recommendation

Yes, my assumption was OP was NOT Niddah as obviously two beds are needed then. OP, if you will be Tahor, I find it a little strange that two beds are required? 🤔

Ruchel

Post Sat, Jun 22 2019, 7:59 pm
It's disturbing unless there's much more to the story. Nidda obviously!!

Dina2018

Post Sat, Jun 22 2019, 8:07 pm
I think you can put in the filter like „bed preference“ - 2

mom!

Post Sat, Jun 22 2019, 11:45 pm
Clearly not niddah or OP wouldn't have written, "our rav recommended." I assume its to prevent kids from asking questions.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 12:14 am
within 1 hour of maryland you ask? or in? in maryland was the cutest log cabin airbnb we one time used. had 3 bedrooms. located in thurmont MD. was not too pricey maybe 60$ for the night. search for cabin in the woods. looks like a cabin but all the comforts of a reg house.

nchr

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 12:52 am
Take along a blow up mattress.

essie14

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 12:55 am
SixOfWands wrote:
IME, most AirBnB have 2 beds in the second bedroom. So put the kids in the master bedroom, sharing whatever bed is there, and you take the second bedroom. Done.

That’s what I was going to suggest.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:12 am
I had the same issue looking on Airbnb for 2 beds! Even when I looked on Airbnb in Israel! I think that it’s unheard of for a married couple not to share a bed outside of the frum world.
Btw- even at a hotel in Jerusalem there was only one king size bed in the room!
Perhaps your rav didn’t mean when you are not a nidda? If you are a nidda you can put kids in master bedroom or bring along an air mattress. I just bought an air mattress in Walmart for the first time for less than $15 and it is very comfortable!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:53 am
If I'd be a niddah, it wouldn't be a shailah- of course we'd need two beds.

Ruchel- I'm not sure what's disturbing about that? Our Rav didn't say it was assur to have one bed, he said two is preferred. Honestly, my kids would be in complete shock if they'd see one bed. They have no concept of that and we're happy with it that way. As they get older, they'll learn- but we're makpid that they don't see our beds together.

The air mattress sounds like a good idea.
Thanks everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics