Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
2 Girls in Serious Car Accident Need Tehillim
Previous  1  2  3  4

southernbubby

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 3:26 pm
I didn't know about her blood pressure. When Yosef (Elana's little brother) called last night, he said everything was as usual. We have tehillim every afternoon with the rabbi at 4:15 at shul. I live in Detroit and have seen much achdus here. There is a lot of chessed here, however, Shaindel, Elana's mother has been a big mover and shaker for much of it. Our hearts are breaking for her and the phone is ringing off the hook.

gonewiththewind

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 11:40 pm
May Hashem send her a refuah quickly.
No one can decide why tragedies happen and it is presumptuous to say that.
I was born and grew up in Detroit and have deep roots there. If anything it has a little less politics than most cities. In Elana's zechus let us attempt to avoid such lashon hora and see the good in all.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 11:56 pm
I spoke to a relative of Elana's today who heard about the "blog on the web" about the blood pressure and they are not happy about it. First of all, BH, Elana is stable. Secondly, blood pressure fluctuations are common in the first days after a head injury. Additionally, they are trying to be positive and want everyone else to be positive and they are not the type to want details like that about their daughters condition to be publicized. They are very private people who have now been thrust into the public eye.
I agree with Miriamf about Detroit. In any city there are bound to be disagreements but there is plenty of chessed in Detroit. I don't see any connection between Elana's accident or any other tragedy and Detroit politics. If a person was destined to suffer a head injury, at least it happened in a day and time where there is advanced care and treatment.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 3:36 pm
Any update on how the girls are doing?

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 3:43 pm
Elana moved her hand and foot yesterday BH and the nurses are trying to wean her off of the ventilator. She also tracked light. As of yesterday, she was still in a coma.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed