Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
This country is going crazy
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:40 am
Doctors in California may no longer be the ones making the decisions on granting medical exemptions. It will be up to a public health officer (who does not have a medical degree nor does he know the child in question) to grant approval to an exemption given by the child's pediatrician. Wake up, people to what is going on here! Totalitarian state coming your way!

We give rights to all kinds of queer people, but we don't allow parents nor their doctors to make medical decisions for their children! Your kids are children of the state.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Doctors in California may no longer be the ones making the decisions on granting medical exemptions. It will be up to a public health officer (who does not have a medical degree nor does he know the child in question) to grant approval to an exemption given by the child's pediatrician. Wake up, people to what is going on here! Totalitarian state coming your way!

We give rights to all kinds of queer people, but we don't allow parents nor their doctors to make medical decisions for their children! Your kids are children of the state.

fake news.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:48 am
Nobody will wake up. You can lead the horse to water but you cant force them to drink. Peope don’t want to know.

NY and NJ will be next pretty soon. First religious exemptions, then the homeschoolers, then the medical exemptions. Hashem only does good so we shall accept his decrees with love.

Let them all pretend its about health and not about money and politics. As long as we know the truth and serve him its ok to let others worship their gods.

Let everyone snooze.

Only moshiach can do the job so don’t even try anymore.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:50 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
fake news.

Oh how We wish it is fake news.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 1:52 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Oh how We wish it is fake news.

helpful.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:38 am
In NY too, school nurses and bureaucrats in the DOH have the power to deny medical exemptions. I don't remember the numbers, but this year app. 50% were, in fact, denied. (And this was before the religious exemption was rescinded, so I don't think there's reason to suspect that the medical exemptions were anything but.)
While these laws are insane, we can find the light in it that people ARE very, very slowly, but surely beginning to question what is going on.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 6:27 am
Because people were abusing them and using them where not really necessary, so it ruined it for the people who really need it.
(My third cousin had a fever after is not cause for a true medical exemption. Maybe spacing, but not exemption)

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 6:36 am
Because it’s not religious exemption at all. This has nothing to do with religion...

leah233

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 9:45 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Because it’s not religious exemption at all. This has nothing to do with religion...

I'm unaware of any religion that has an issue with vaccines but that is a totally irrelevant point. Those who rescinded the religious exemption did not make any distinctions between real and fake religious exemptions .They made it very clear that they would force their view even on those who have genuine religious issues with vaccines.

Had they limited the religious exemption to those who can bring a letter from a clergy member of a recognized religious group testifying that (1)their religion opposes vaccines and (2)the bearer of the letter is a member of that group I wouldn't oppose rescinding other religious exemptions.

In the current form I see the bill for what it is: A bill saying that our right to tell you what to do is stronger than your religious rights.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:10 am
THESE "PRO MEASLES" GROUP CULTISTS, ABUSED THE RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION. Now they are crying foul, that it is not fair. YOU caused this problem, this cult has caused innocent adults and children to get Measles and now they are causing all of klal Yisroel to suffer the consequences of this new gezeira

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Just wanting to know how this is really any different from insurance dictating medical treatment or medication selection???

BTW I can make a good case for either side.

Also, remember, when one chooses not to vaccinate, it is not just their child who is impacted, but rather the community at large.

How different is it than all the treads above someone not dressing properly (their own personal choice about what to wear) and their exposing other people's husbands and children to immodest sights?
If a teen does drugs, his own personal body, can a school kick him (or her) out?
You will argue that it is private school, and a person's choice to attend and privately owned....or a school's responsibility to the other children, but a country has responsibility to its other citizens and you are free to move elsewhere.

However, my saying that is a VERY slippery slope. What else would that pertain to, could that argument be made for religion or anything else???
Which is why I stay out of politics.

Please just vaccinate your children

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:27 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
THESE "PRO MEASLES" GROUP CULTISTS, ABUSED THE RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION. Now they are crying foul, that it is not fair. YOU caused this problem, this cult has caused innocent adults and children to get Measles and now they are causing all of klal Yisroel to suffer the consequences of this new gezeira

I agree. It is cult like.
The parents of the children were vaccinated when they were children so they feel safe.
Just wait until their unvaccinated children become parents and get sick when they are pregnant and deliver deformed children. Only then will they realize their narrow mindedness.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:29 am
The country is not becoming crazy. Some people are becoming crazy quacks and then they think everyone is crazy but them.

leah233

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:50 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:

(1)How different is it than all the treads above someone not dressing properly (their own personal choice about what to wear) and their exposing other people's husbands and children to immodest sights?
(2)If a teen does drugs, his own personal body, can a school kick him (or her) out?
(3)You will argue that it is private school, and a person's choice to attend and privately owned....or a school's responsibility to the other children, but a country has responsibility to its other citizens and you are free to move elsewhere.

(1)There are no laws about how people have to dress. Even clothing that the secular world refers to as provocative is legal to wear. Although liberals ARE looking to take away peoples freedom to wear fur. While they of course continue wearing leather.

(2) The government should not have the right to dictate to private schools what their policies should be about students who take drugs

(3)Freedom to move elsewhere is not freedom

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:55 am
Ladies, this has got nothing to do with religious exemption. In California, REs are banned for a couple of years already. But because medical exemptions were given more freely (and outbreaks still occurred in fully vaxxed schools such as in Harvard-Westlake https://www.latimes.com/local/......html) , so we take that right away too.

When we are we going to fight back and demand equal rights to all those LGBTQXYZ people? Only they're allowed to make decisions for their child to choose their own gender and confuse them, but mothers are denied rights to their children's health decisions? What is wrong with you people that you don't see that we're living in a nanny state? Democracy disappeared along with the arrival of the liberals.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:58 am
leah233 wrote:
Had they limited the religious exemption to those who can bring a letter from a clergy member of a recognized religious group testifying that (1)their religion opposes vaccines and (2)the bearer of the letter is a member of that group I wouldn't oppose rescinding other religious exemptions.

Who would be deciding what a recognizing religious group is?

Sebastian

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ladies, this has got nothing to do with religious exemption. In California, REs are banned for a couple of years already. But because medical exemptions were given more freely (and outbreaks still occurred in fully vaxxed schools such as in Harvard-Westlake https://www.latimes.com/local/......html) , so we take that right away too.

When we are we going to fight back and demand equal rights to all those LGBTQXYZ people? Only they're allowed to make decisions for their child to choose their own gender and confuse them, but mothers are denied rights to their children's health decisions? What is wrong with you people that you don't see that we're living in a nanny state? Democracy disappeared along with the arrival of the liberals.

nope this happened bc some doctors took advantage (hello dr. sears!) and gave out medical exceptions like cotton candy, for kids who didn't have a real reason for a medical exception. These doctors were also usually private pay and made a lot of $$$$$ from these medical exceptions.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:25 am
I have an innocent question, hoping someone can answer me here.
I am the most pro vax. I am in a situation now where I am pregnant and cant get revaxxed. I was vaxxed on time as a kid (thank you mom!!!), and somehow I am not immune now. Same with my husband, so he just got the mmr booster. Same with his sister. Same with 2 of my aunts and a whole bunch of people in my shul. WE ARE ALL UNDER 30 YEARS OLD! What is happening??? Why isn't anyone's vax's working? Maybe it's not the antivaxxers who are (solely) causing this breakout! Maybe it's the people who were vaxxed and aren't immune and just didnt know!

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:28 am
leah233 wrote:
(1)There are no laws about how people have to dress. Even clothing that the secular world refers to as provocative is legal to wear. Although liberals ARE looking to take away peoples freedom to wear fur. While they of course continue wearing leather.

(2) The government should not have the right to dictate to private schools what their policies should be about students who take drugs

(3)Freedom to move elsewhere is not freedom

You are failing to understand. I am not saying the government dictates clothing or private schools' inclusion / exclusion of students who take drugs. That would be ridiculous. I am saying that we do.
I am saying that if a private institution has these rights, and it should, than just because something is public, I don't think that it should mean that all bets are off. There are still constituents, people who support (be it taxes, donation, or legwork), and represtatives. If they do not align with your thinking, do something about it-other than whine.

And yes, freedom to move elsewhere is freedom. It is not the 1940's where you can't get exit or entry visas. You can move anywhere you like. If you feel like you can't afford your taxes, you can move. You don't like a rule that the Yeshiva enforces, you switch schools. You think the community is moving to far to the left, or you dislike the new Rav, you leave- either to a different Shul or you move to a new community which suits you better. Nobody in the US is hostage.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:30 am
Quote:
Q: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO LIBERALISM?
A: Cognitive dissonance in the age of #Phascism
The Amended Liberal Credo:
1. Censorship is bad except when it comes to vaccines
2. ”Informed consent” should apply to every medical product and intervention — except vaccines
3. America should honor her treaty obligations under the Nuremberg Code and the ethical precepts of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights — except where they impede forced vaccination
4. Every medicine should be safety tested — except vaccines
5. Pharma is greedy, homicidal and untrustworthy — except about vaccines
6. Mercury and aluminum are dangerous neurotoxins — except in vaccines
7. LISTEN TO WOMEN — except about vaccines
8. ”MY BODY, MY CHOICE — except with vaccines
9. Glyphosate and formaldehyde cause cancer — except in vaccines
10. Borax, banned in food — but not in vaccines
11. Vaccines are so unavoidably unsafe they need legal immunity, yet so incredibly safe that it’s ethical to mandate them
12, Agencies get captured — except with vaccines
13. People in power lie — except about vaccines
14. Industry falsifies climate science — but not vaccine safety science
15. QUESTION AUTHORITY — but not about vaccines
16. Critical thinking and skepticism are democratic virtues — but not about vaccines
17. Never govern by fear — except with vaccines
18. Demagoguery, scapegoating, hate speech, cruelty and bullying are wrong — except about anti-vaxxers (aka: the moms of intellectually disabled children)
19. Banning minority children from schools and public places is reprehensible — except with the unvaccinated
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics