Home

Who's your favorite superhero?
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Poll

Which do you like better?
Marvel Comics
 29%  [ 17 ]
DC Comics
 1%  [ 1 ]
other, like don't like superhero ones, but like...which ones?
 12%  [ 7 ]
don't like and/or don't know of any
 56%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 58


yo'ma




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 9:07 am
I feel stupid writing this, but fictional obviously Rolling Eyes .

My favorite it Superman. I don't know why, but it always was and still is. Maybe because I grew up with the Christopher Reeves Superman movies. Even though he's my favorite superhero, I like Marvel Comics better than DC. I never read the comics, but I saw the movies and Marvel is so much better because of the comic relief and while both are violent, Marvel is so much lighter.
Back to top

amother




Babypink


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 9:16 am
Me.
I’m my favorite superhero.
I know you said fictional, but if I told you my story you’d think it’s fiction.
Back to top

amother




Jetblack


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 9:45 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Me.
I’m my favorite superhero.
I know you said fictional, but if I told you my story you’d think it’s fiction.


Please tell!
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 9:59 am
I agree. Marvel is so much lighter. Yet so eel at the same time.
I love love love spider Man
Don't remember when I discovered the original comics. But they are awesome and honestly, Tom Holland is the best best to the comics. He's got both the spider Man and Peter Parker down pat. Doesn't hurt he's closest in age.

Although I gotta say I do love the CW's arrowverse. Flash is almost as light hearted as marvel. And legends is funny. But arrow is heavy and Supergirl this past year got more heavy.
Back to top

yo'ma




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:10 am
singleagain wrote:
Although I gotta say I do love the CW's arrowverse. Flash is almost as light hearted as marvel. And legends is funny. But arrow is heavy and Supergirl this past year got more heavy.

I don't like watching Arrow or Gotham because of how dark it is, literally. I don't like watching shows where it's always nighttime and dark. I used to watch Supergirl until it go too justice warrior for me. I like these dumb superhero shows and since they're are pretty dumb, I want it to be light.
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:12 am
yo'ma wrote:
I don't like watching Arrow or Gotham because of how dark it is, literally. I don't like watching shows where it's always nighttime and dark. I used to watch Supergirl until it go too justice warrior for me. I like these dumb superhero shows and since they're are pretty dumb, I want it to be light.


Have you tried flash or legends? I got hooked on flash.
Back to top

bigsis144




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:32 am
I love ALL the Spider People from Into the Spiderverse 💙❤️

I have a soft spot for all the Thor movies of the MCU, they are each so over-the-top in their own ways, be it Shakespearean family drama or heavy metal awesomeness.

And Lego Batman is my favorite iteration of Batman.
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:37 am
bigsis144 wrote:
I love ALL the Spider People from Into the Spiderverse 💙❤️

I have a soft spot for all the Thor movies of the MCU, they are each so over-the-top in their own ways, be it Shakespearean family drama or heavy metal awesomeness.

And Lego Batman is my favorite iteration of Batman.


Shakespeare in the park.

Does mother knowst you wearth her drapes?

What I love most about mcu. Is that uncanny casting
.. I mean.. RDJ is Tony Stank/Iron Man ... Have you seen all the amazing improvs?
Back to top

Ravenclaw




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:12 am
Yay, Marvel is winning!!!!
I love you guys.
Back to top

Coke Slurpee




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:18 am
Dr. Who!
Back to top

Ravenclaw




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:20 am
Coke Slurpee wrote:
Dr. Who!


Yes, yes, yes!!!
I was just checking out sonic screwdrivers on amazon an hour ago.

I was actually introduced to the Doctor by someone on imamother (not sure she wants me to name her though).
Back to top

amother




Burlywood


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 11:28 am
It's MEEEEEEE! Party

Full time employee, mom of a 2 yo, in my 3rd trimester, hubby is out of house from 6:30am till 10pm, no cleaning help.
And I think I do a pretty darn good job keeping it together. Hooray
Back to top

cinnamon




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:50 pm
I wish I could get into comics. I tried reading Sandman and my kid's love 'the amulet' so I tried it to but I can't follow the plot. I think starting at thirty is to late.
As for superheroes, Superman is my favorite superhero. - The Luis and Clark one is the best imo. But I chose Marvel cause the MCU is so much better then the DC movies.
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:51 pm
I'm no expert, but I loved reading Dr. Strange as a kid. I haven't a clue if Marvel or DC produced them, though. LOL
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:54 pm
cinnamon wrote:
I wish I could get into comics. I tried reading Sandman and my kid's

Sandman is simply elegant. Smile

Watchmen is also especially great, but they're all too dark for me now that I'm a parent, so I gave mine away.
Back to top

cinnamon




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 2:55 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Yes, yes, yes!!!
I was just checking out sonic screwdrivers on amazon an hour ago.

I was actually introduced to the Doctor by someone on imamother (not sure she wants me to name her though).


How did we get from DC vs Marvel to Doctor Who? Doesn't matter I love the Doctor!
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 3:03 pm
Well, if we're expanding our definitions -

I loved reading Sherlock Holmes when I was a kid. I finished every story on him by the time I was 8, and his deductive reasoning hugely informed my analytic processes.

I watched one SH movie, and hated it. They had cut out everything which made Holmes into Holmes, and simply had another relations-driven adventurer on the screen. I've never watched another piece done on his character since.
Back to top

Coke Slurpee




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 3:06 pm
cinnamon wrote:
How did we get from DC vs Marvel to Doctor Who? Doesn't matter I love the Doctor!


One of the options was other... the Doctor is my superhero! I'm Doctor obsessed!
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 3:44 pm
Rappel wrote:
I'm no expert, but I loved reading Dr. Strange as a kid. I haven't a clue if Marvel or DC produced them, though. LOL


Strange is marvel.
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 23 2019, 3:46 pm
Rappel wrote:
Well, if we're expanding our definitions -

I loved reading Sherlock Holmes when I was a kid. I finished every story on him by the time I was 8, and his deductive reasoning hugely informed my analytic processes.

I watched one SH movie, and hated it. They had cut out everything which made Holmes into Holmes, and simply had another relations-driven adventurer on the screen. I've never watched another piece done on his character since.


Have you tried the BBC's version with Benedict Cumberbatch? No idea how it relates to the books.. but o.m.g.
Back to top
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Who are your favorite frum Instagram influencers? 141 Today at 2:10 am View last post
Epstein didn't kill himself - post your favorite meme
by DrMom
17 Sat, Nov 09 2019, 12:52 pm View last post
Favorite Company Foundation
by amother
2 Sun, Oct 13 2019, 3:58 am View last post
Favorite Table clothes from closeout connection?
by amother
12 Thu, Sep 26 2019, 1:56 pm View last post
Your favorite cut of meat
by yo'ma
6 Thu, Sep 12 2019, 1:18 pm View last post

Jump to: