Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
WHY?????? - pink eye (semi-lighthearted)

Rappel

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 10:19 am
Why are people so (bleep) careless about hygiene? I just found out that conjunctivitis is sweeping the whole neighborhood! Thanks for sharing!

Why does my kid always have to get sick worse than everyone else? You'd think it was a competition. His eyelid is as swollen as a spider bite, and red as a ripe tomato.

Why did he have to get sick right before we are about to go on vacation?

Why does treating him hurt him so much? Crying

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

SYA

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 12:32 pm
Some people think what’s the big deal with conjunctivitis. In my kids schools they send the child home if they see the child has conjunctivitis. They also send a note home telling the parents to be on the lookout as there’s a child in the class with it, a list of some of the symptoms and that a child who has it is not allowed into school.

One of my kids have really bad seasonal allergies in the spring. Even with allergy eye drops, and anti histamines his eyes will still be red for a few weeks. I have gotten calls from yeshiva to pick him up as he’s contagious and every time I send them a note from the doctor that it’s not. I’m happy the school is on top of these things.

nchr

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 12:50 pm
Did you take him to the doctor to rule out cellulitis? Interestingly enough, when pinkeye was going around a few years ago (and my kids had it) I woke up with what I thought was pinkeye too. I called my dr but he wouldn't give me drops until I came in and BH he required that because I had cellulitis and needed oral antibiotics, etc.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:02 pm
Argh. I keep a store of the ointment in my house. Next time you see the tell take signs, treat out immediately -that way it will disappear faster. Refua shleima to your little one.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:38 pm
Thanks guys! As soon as we saw the first pink, we took him to a GP, and she gave him the usual ointment.

That was Thursday.

It got so much worse these past few days that today we took him to our usual GP, and she forwarded him right away to an eye doctor, who ordered a different antibiotic ointment, and steroid drops.

His eye is all swollen now, and he is light sensitive, too.

We're also flying to Italy on Wednesday morning to meet up with DH's mom, and as ashamed as I am too admit it, I feel a lot of pressure for him to get better FAST.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:38 pm
nchr wrote:
Did you take him to the doctor to rule out cellulitis? Interestingly enough, when pinkeye was going around a few years ago (and my kids had it) I woke up with what I thought was pinkeye too. I called my dr but he wouldn't give me drops until I came in and BH he required that because I had cellulitis and needed oral antibiotics, etc.

What would that look like?

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 1:34 pm
the latest strain of the flu/strep included a bout of conjunctivitis ... my mother caught it, I caught it ... people in different cities/states caught it ... nothing to be done but take the prescribed medicines and wait it out ... was horrible

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 3:00 pm
Would the goat's milk work for this too? 😄

nchr

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 3:28 pm
Rappel wrote:
What would that look like?

Similar to pink eye, but there would be a lot of red around the eye which would spread on the skin. The eye also appears very swollen or droopy - more so than regular pink eye. Your doctor can tell by opening up the eye lid or looking at the eye. It's just much "angrier" looking. You can probably check it up online (here is one picture, which looks pretty similar to how my eye looked https://www.google.com/search?.....3SDM:)

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 3:34 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
Would the goat's milk work for this too? 😄

No idea, but I’ve been told that breastmilk helps. There are definitely natural remedies. I think a teabag? Or warm tea.
Keep it very clean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics