Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
"Q" train at 34th goes to the Upper East side

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 10:18 pm
The "Q" train that I can get at 34th goes to the Upper East side, with stops at 72, 86 and 96.

Is the "Q" easily reachable?

Do I switch on 34th from the "D" to the "Q" on the same platform or I have to change platforms?

Is an elevator needed at 72nd to get to the street?

TIA

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 10:39 pm
At 34th st u need to switch platforms. I don't think 72nd is so deep that u need an elevator but being a new station it'll have both elevators and escalator

Fave

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:15 pm
72nd street station is definitely “deep”. There are very long multi story escalators from the platform to the street. I was never on the lookout for an elevator, but I assume that there is one.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:31 pm
Fave wrote:
72nd street station is definitely “deep”. There are very long multi story escalators from the platform to the street. I was never on the lookout for an elevator, but I assume that there is one.

Thanks. I dislike elevators, and I try to stay away from stations where thats what you need to get to the street.

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 2:24 am
Not on the same platform but very clear signage, not hard to get to.
I believe there is an escalator option to get to the street. However, the stations are very new so the elevators are nice, clean, and fast. Not scary or creepy, I usually avoid subway escalators because they're gross and a little creepy but I have no qualms about the ones in the new Q stations. Because the stations are very deep, most people are taking the elevators, so they're roomy and you'd be sharing the space with multiple normal people.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 2:44 am
seeker wrote:
Not on the same platform but very clear signage, not hard to get to.
I believe there is an escalator option to get to the street. However, the stations are very new so the elevators are nice, clean, and fast. Not scary or creepy, I usually avoid subway escalators because they're gross and a little creepy but I have no qualms about the ones in the new Q stations. Because the stations are very deep, most people are taking the elevators, so they're roomy and you'd be sharing the space with multiple normal people.

I guess I need elevator-conditioning therapy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries