Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Carseats in Taxis
Previous  1  2

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 3:34 pm
GR wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
how can you take a car seat in a taxi, where would you put the car seat once you reach your destination? I have a 2 year old, so I wouldnt be able to take one of those travel systems anymore. I just put him next to me at the window and daven for the best.

In this case it would be both my 2 yr old and my 1 yr old. No way can I get into a taxi without carseats for both of them.
and what do you do with teh car seats once you arrive at your destination?

with 2 such little kids I wouldnt do much traveling anyway and would probably prefer buses or trains where they can stay in their carriages or be held on laps.

gryp

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 3:57 pm
Quote:
and what do you do with teh car seats once you arrive at your destination?

I'm not showing up to an appointment with two bulky carseats, no way.

I think it might be time for us to buy something.

Quote:
I really find the seatbelt adjusters helpful, they fit in my purse. At least a two year old can use it, but at one too small.

Thanks, amother. I don't know why I didn't know about them before, they sound really useful.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 4:24 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Very simple; we took the bus or subway if we went anyplace.

they can fall on a bus or train too ...

I think public transportation should have some built in carseats for mothers ...

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 5:28 pm
Do you think the first link you posted (the portable carseat) can be used for an almost 9 month old?

Raisin

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 6:51 pm
greenfire wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
Very simple; we took the bus or subway if we went anyplace.

they can fall on a bus or train too ...

I think public transportation should have some built in carseats for mothers ...

buses are bigger than most other vehicles on the road. Presumably they are safer therefore.

Ive never heard of people being hurt in a subway crash. (besides terroist incidents or fires, none of carseats would protect you from)

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 12:39 pm
red sea wrote:
they sell

http://www.onestepahead.com/ca.....85252

OK does anyone have personal experience with this? It sounds great and would really like to get it, but I've read "reviews" of it online and there are very conflicting opinions, -hard to install, easy to install, holds firmly in place, moves around a lot....
Anyone?

Tehilla

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 12:41 pm
mrs. xyz...do you think the opinions will be less conflicted here LOL

just kidding, hope you get the answer you need!

ChavieK

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 4:41 pm
I have a 2 1/2 year old I took to Israel. When I took a taxi I buckled in the full size carseat. My stroller is an Inglesina & the carseat fit perfectly into the seat of the stroller. Someone in the airport(who is obviously also obsessive) showed me how to use the teather buckles to secure the carseat into the stroller. He then sat,forward facing,in the carseat in the stroller.

Tefila

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 4:46 pm
Any form of public transportation does not require car seats even here in the cold North.
They are licensed and insured for this. Wise no it's not but impractical to carry car seats around when one has not one baby but two Confused

Atali

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 5:39 pm
Well, here in Australia they sell these harnesses that are just straps (so they can easily fit in a diaper bag) and they attach to the top tether bolt in a car with the LATCH system. They look much safer than the American ones and can probably be ordered online from America.

I am taking mine when I move.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 5:41 pm
Atali wrote:
Well, here in Australia they sell these harnesses that are just straps (so they can easily fit in a diaper bag) and they attach to the top tether bolt in a car with the LATCH system. They look much safer than the American ones and can probably be ordered online from America.

can u please provide a link?

Atali

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 6:06 pm
amother wrote:
Atali wrote:

can u please provide a link?

Sure,

http://www.babiesgalore.com.au.....id=54

It is made to be used without the booster seat too (and legal to do so), I just can't find a picture. It just connects at the top to the tether bolt and at the bottom to the seat belt. Also, they are a lot cheaper on ebay (Australia) then in the link provided.

Tefila

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 9:41 pm
http://www.safebeginnings.com/.....d=832
This looks good too, I wonder how light it is.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 9:53 pm
Tefila wrote:
http://www.safebeginnings.com/WebComponents/Catalog/Public/showproduct.asp?frg=FRG&id=832

This is the same that red sea posted, and I would love to have some feedback about it cause I am considering getting it. Smile

daisy

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 10:04 pm
greenfire wrote:
oh for a minute I thought this was "Texas" ... yee haw ...

I see I'm not the only one who thought that LOL and I continuously read it that way too.

By the way, I don't get this one either.

Atali

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 10:52 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
Tefila wrote:
http://www.safebeginnings.com/WebComponents/Catalog/Public/showproduct.asp?frg=FRG&id=832

This is the same that red sea posted, and I would love to have some feedback about it cause I am considering getting it. Smile

What makes me nervous about it is that the top of it doesn't attach to anything. Although a full car seat can be safe without a tether, I don't see how this is any safer than a seat belt.

That is why I like my Aussie one and am planning on using it in America too (in taxis)

GAMZu

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:12 am
http://www.netkidswear.com/totngoporcar.html

This is what I have. Not great, but better than nothing.

GAMZu

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:13 am
And it's not by Cosco, it's by Safety 1st.
I don't know why it says Cosco.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics