Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How about the teachers

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 3:46 am
I want to start out that I’m a bubby. .
I vaccinated all my kids on time, all vaccines at the time (chicken pox vaccine wasn’t available at the time).
All of my grandkids, EXCEPT FOR ONE FAMILY, are vaccinated on time.
The one family are raw vegans, long story.
Not the point of this post.

If unvaccinated kids can’t go to school, why can unvaccinated teachers be able to teach.Or teachers that have lost there immunity?
Can’t they spread measles just as well.

I think if this would happpeb there would be more of an uproar because so many would lose there jobs. I’m not for people to lose there jobs
But this is my point.
I’m against the government not allowing these kids in school. I think it’s up to the school. Let all the antivaxers go to certain schools.
Just don’t like that the government has so much control over how I raise my kids.
And
How far will it go.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:42 am
I'm a teacher in ny and we were just told we need to be titered before coming back in September.

Interestingly, I was pregnant this past school year and found out I wasn't immune to measles until it was too late to do anything about it. I wonder what the school would have done in that case. (I've gotten the shot since then, don't worry)

I will also point out that the schools can't refuse a religious exemption- there was a court case in progress about it in ny recently, so even if they didnt want those kids they had them.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:19 am
Gotta get those titers checked before work!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:32 am
OP, the schools I know mounted vax campaigns for EVERYONE who enters their buildings.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:48 am
Ok, got it
Asking because I live in Miami.
From what I heard the state did NOT mandate anything for religious exemptions.
The schools did band together and decided unanimously that they will not accept unvaccinated children.
I know that anti-vax parents got together and formed a mini-school/ home school.
The kids are enrolled in virtual school for English studies. They hired rabbis, Morahs, and a secretary to handle ALL the paper work.
So, there is an option for anti vax parents. Since it’s considered home schooling they don’t need any dr. forms.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:28 am
I also live in Miami and know there are unvaccinated children in the school. So I’m wondering where you go your information from that schools do not allow it.
I’m pro vax , to be clear.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 1:00 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I also live in Miami and know there are unvaccinated children in the school. So I’m wondering where you go your information from that schools do not allow it.
I’m pro vax , to be clear.

This is for the next school year.
Again, every school has the right to choose.
But my point is it’s not government sanctioned

rzab

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 2:24 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I'm a teacher in ny and we were just told we need to be titered before coming back in September.

Interestingly, I was pregnant this past school year and found out I wasn't immune to measles until it was too late to do anything about it. I wonder what the school would have done in that case. (I've gotten the shot since then, don't worry)

I will also point out that the schools can't refuse a religious exemption- there was a court case in progress about it in ny recently, so even if they didnt want those kids they had them.

My guess is that you would be considered exempt for medical reasons until you give birth

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 2:50 pm
Part of the reason why some schools in Williamsburg was closed was because not all teachers had their titers checked.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 5:22 pm
I am a teacher, no one asked me about my vaccination status.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:27 am
anyone who works with children, at least officially

jj1236

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:34 am
I'm a teacher in NJ and we we have to get our measles shots. The school brought in people to come to give shots to the teachers who wanted to do it in school before the summer for next year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics