Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Small Hall in Yerushalayim for a Simcha
1  2  Next

AishesChayil1

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:56 am
I'm looking to make, IY"H, a really small simcha in yerushalayim -- about 20 people. Any suggestions for a hall or other place that would be appropriate? Most places seem to be very large and I'm having a hard time finding a small place. Thanks for your help!

gingertop

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:57 am
Which area?

AishesChayil1

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:58 am
In the City.

yerushamama

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:07 am
Check with shuls in your area -maybe whatever they use for a kiddush would work for you.

AishesChayil1

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:26 am
Thank you, that's a great idea. Can you recommend a couple of shuls? I don't live there and don't know too many. Thanks!

gingertop

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:29 am
Which neighborhood though? Do you know the street name of where you'll be staying? Which hotel? There are so many different neighborhoods and suburbs. It's hard to recommend a place if we don't have more specifics.

AishesChayil1

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:35 am
I'm really flexible about the neighborhood. I'm open to all options. I don't know where I'm staying yet. I'll get a place close to the simcha IYH.

gingertop

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:50 am
Ok. And do you want a place where there is an in-house caterer? How about a restaurant?
Will you be staying in a hotel? Some have small dining rooms available for private affairs.

AishesChayil1

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 10:03 am
An in house caterer would definitely be easier, but it would have to be badatz.

A restaurant is a possibility. I'll look into that. Any badatz places that you recommend?

I reached out to a couple of hotels and they didn't have rooms that would be small enough. If you know of any that do, please let me know.

I really appreciate your time and helpful suggestions. Thank you.

yerushamama

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:40 am
Any badatz, or a specific one?

gingertop

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:54 am
I don't think any of the hotels have badatz e"ch anyway. Maybe Litov? 02-544-4749
Prima Palace has a mehadrin hechsher- I can't remember which.

AishesChayil1

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:10 pm
Badatz e"ch is good.

I haven't had much luck with the hotels. I tried Litov. I haven't tried the Prima Palace because I thought their hall is too large. I really appreciate your suggestions. If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

yerushamama

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:16 pm
Litov is now Eida, but I think it is mainly a maternity home now. Most of the other mehadrin ones are yerushalayim l'mehadrin.

There are some Eida restaurants, but I haven't tried them in many years, if at all.

Fleishigs - there is Entricot - 571-7002 ,La casa 502-3807, Goldy's 538-4534,Koritz - 054-843-0085

I am sure that there are more, but these are the ones that I have seen ads for private parties. There are also milchig places, if you prefer that, but I think that they are mainly bagels and similar foods.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:16 pm
We used Alumim hall in Ramat Eshkol. +972508575536

I can recommend Gitty from "easy does it catering" +972527141530 we are from chutz laaretz, and when we made a shabbos simcha she did our event, incl catering, tablecloths, flowers. Food was delicious.

(Anon if any of our guests are on here)

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:26 pm
A hotel will have conference rooms. Those would be appropriate.

There is also the bar mitzvah hall that overlooks the Kotel. It’s pretty small. I think the wedding I went to there had about 30 guests. We moved the tables to dance. I think catering is separate. I’d recommend Toubin Catering.

AishesChayil1

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:58 pm
Thank you everyone for your help! I really appreciate it. I'm going to look into these places. Of course, if anyone has any additional ideas, please let me know.

zebra111

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 2:51 pm
Yehuda hotel has a bunch of rooms of different sizes. Its not in city centre but its a nice place (its just by the zoo).

Depending on what type of simcha.. theres a really nice milchig mehadrin restaurant right in town (the street with the umbrellas by mashbir..I forget the name) called picolino. They have a few side rooms they use for simchas.

If ur looking for a shul hall, chovevei tzion in talbiya has one relatively reasonable.

AishesChayil1

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 4:55 pm
Great ideas! I'm going to look into them. I didn't even think of Chovevei Tzion even though I've been there. And I've never heard of the Yehudah hotel so that's something new to pursue. Thank you!

gingertop

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:44 am
Aishes- is Badatz Mehadrin (Rubin)- acceptable to you? It's considered a great hechsher by many. I noticed an ad for a new restaurant in the Crowne Plaza Hotel with Rubin hechsher. Gafna- 02-6588867

AishesChayil1

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:57 am
Yes, Rubin is good. Thanks so much for your suggestion. I'll look into it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions