Home

How often do you think about food?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Women's Health -> Weight Loss/ Exercise/ Dieting

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Poll

how often do you think about food?
never
 0%  [ 0 ]
a normal amount
 33%  [ 10 ]
all the time
 66%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 30

amother

OP

Post  Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:10 pm
I'm in my mid 40s and trying really hard to lose 5 lbs (I should probably lose 15-20 lbs ideally but I've given up on that dream). I find myself measuring, counting calories, depriving myself and in general it just dawned on me how much of my time is spent thinking about food. My sister recently pointed out to me that I treat food like it's poison. How do I get myself out of this obsession?

hodeez

Post  Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:15 pm
I think about food all the time bc my diet is so restricted due to nursing son's allergies (eggs, milk, potatoes, gluten). There's a lot that I want but can't have. If only this child would take formula Sad woe is me.

amother

Green

Post  Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:48 pm
Cutting foods out instead of counting calories doesn't work for everyone, but some people can just limit their carbs and then not have to think about their diet at all while losing weight or maintaining a healthy weight.

amother

Lilac

Post  Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:57 pm
I think of food all the time because I am ill. I am on a restricted diet and need to lose weight. My heart can't handle the weight. I get migraines if I don't eat and get shakey from low blood sugar. I need to exercise because of my illness. Without food, I am too weak. It's a horrible vicious cycle. I spend all day exercising and preparing food trying to psyche out my body so I have strength to exercise and enough calories to avoid the inevitable migraines.

amother

Copper

Post  Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:16 am
I think about food when I'm bored and sadly that's pretty often.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Women's Health -> Weight Loss/ Exercise/ Dieting