Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Why am I so sweet?

Beingreal

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:28 pm
Mosquitos are everywhere and I am getting places you dont want to know! Need to vent....

Stars

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:36 pm
Get these. Pronto. They work.

https://www.amazon.com/Mosquit.....r=8-7

chocolatine

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:45 pm
I have the same issue! I could spray "off" and wear those bands and still get bitten everywhere!
Someone told me to take B vitamins, haven't tried that yet, but can commiserate..

Beingreal

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:47 pm
Thanks! I will try that!

Stars

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:49 pm
chocolatine wrote:
I have the same issue! I could spray "off" and wear those bands and still get bitten everywhere!
Someone told me to take B vitamins, haven't tried that yet, but can commiserate..

Deet free bands? They're the only ones that work for us.

Beingreal

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:54 pm
Thanks for the commiseration. I am miserable.

orchidee

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:00 pm
I have heard that magnesium deficiency makes “sweeter” blood. Maybe use a magnesium spray on your skin?

Twinster

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:10 pm
orchidee wrote:
I have heard that magnesium deficiency makes “sweeter” blood. Maybe use a magnesium spray on your skin?

Was wondering if certain blood types attract mosquitos more. My dc and I get all bitten while my other family members don’t.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:21 am
Twinster wrote:
Was wondering if certain blood types attract mosquitos more. My dc and I get all bitten while my other family members don’t.

A myth as far as I can tell.

Dina2018

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:42 am
Beingreal wrote:
Mosquitos are everywhere and I am getting places you dont want to know! Need to vent....

don‘t use scented deo, try to use something without smell (like crystal mineral deodorant stick)

jkl

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:54 am
Stars wrote:
Get these. Pronto. They work.

https://www.amazon.com/Mosquit.....r=8-7

Do they really really work? I've tried some other stuff out there and none worked for me.

merrygold

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 10:32 am
B vitamins didn't work for me Sad

lcraighten

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 10:36 am
Garlic Pills

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:54 pm
Garlic pills worked great for keeping fleas off of a cat I used to have. She couldn't tolerate the toxins in commercial flea drops from the vet.

Normally, friends would love to take me camping, because all the bugs would flock to me, and leave everyone else alone.

I started taking extra magnesium supplements, and the mosquitoes are pretty much leaving me alone so far. I've seen several in the house, since I don't have screens on any of my windows. Throught the entire Spring and Summer, I've only had two tiny bites.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics