Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Wisdom Teeth

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 10:19 pm
Arrggh, I'm going crazy. Need my wisdom teeth out and nobody is giving me a straight answer!! I went to Dr. Elbaum's practice (but met a diff dr.) and instead of them telling me what to do they told me " It's up to you if you want to do 2 or all 4... you can do some now and some in a few years... maybe it will be a problem... you can decide if you want general anesthesia or just numbing..." Hello! I came to you after going to 2 other doctors so you could give me your advice, not yada yada we're not sure!
Ok, end of rant. So now for advice - any suggestions based on experience?
Names of other good doctors?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 10:32 pm
If you need all 4 just do it all at once. If they say you may need other 2 Inna few years, I'd wait it out and just do two. If you're even a bit anxious about the surgery, get general anesthesia!!!. It's worth it. I highly recommend Dr Elbaums practice and specifically Dr Jeffrey Elbaum. Very efficient office and he's got loads of experience.

gigi3

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 10:37 pm
Dr elbaum is known to be the best in the area

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 10:54 pm
We recently used Dr Elbaum for pulling my son's wisdom teeth. The recovery was amazing and I definitely recommend them. I think they give a choice of anesthesia because the least is always the less risk. However, if you are very tense or nervous, then general would be the best way for you to go. Everyone is different and has different tolerances and needs so I think that is why they were vague and leaving it up to you.

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:11 pm
I had all 4 removed under general. For next two weeks I was in massive pain & couldnt eat

asmileaday

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:36 pm
I wonder if the pain level depends on age. I had all 4 removed at once when I was in my low 20's. It was painful for a day but that's about it. So glad I did it all at once!

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 12:23 am
I had all 4 taken out with local in my 30s. I also had the option of only taking out the ones that needed it.

But they were not impacted (one was totally decayed and literally broke apart when they were trying to remove it - boy did I daven!).

Glad I did it that way, the pain was really not too bad afterwards B"H, much less than the regular toothaches I was getting before that!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:16 am
Thanks everyone.
Do u think it'll be bad if I just numb the area? I'm afraid he's only telling me to do general anesthesia cuz it'll be easier for him.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone.
Do u think it'll be bad if I just numb the area? I'm afraid he's only telling me to do general anesthesia cuz it'll be easier for him.

My daughter was very nervous when she got hers pulled, and I persuaded her to just do the numbing (I felt it was safest. Who needs extra stuff?) This was one time that she says she was glad she listened to her mother. She didn't feel a thing, it was done in like 5 minutes (she had only 2 wisdom teeth - the other two never developed, lucky girl!) and she walked out of there feeling fine.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 10:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone.

Really depends on the person. If you have no issue with regular dental work then local should be fine. If you start getting anxious and tensing up when you sit down in a dentists chair, general may be better for you. (Keep in mind very loud drilling and having your mouth open for 15-30 minutes.)

Also keep in mind that you need someone to come with you if you do opt for general.

dankbar

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 10:31 am
It depends if it just needs to be extracted or if they have to cut gums open. How far are your teeth descended? Are they totally out or still partially in gum?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:43 pm
Two are out, two are totally not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries