Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please share your experience: buying furniture online

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:13 am
We're moving from a small apartment to a new house and need a lot of furniture. I'm considering buying online mostly because I like the styles better than what local stores are selling. I would like to hear from people who have done this, which websites and brands they ordered from and how the furniture is holding up, and how it compares to frum store furniture. Mostly worried about pieces that get heavy use and I don't want to have to replace often like dining room table and chairs, kitchen table and chairs kids beds and adult beds. Not necessarily looking for bargains. I'm okay with small ticket items like night tables, bookshelves, storage systems, side tables etc from lower end places because they don't get a lot of wear and tear and not a big deal to replace. Stores I'm looking at are west elm, pottery barn, crate and barrel, places like that. These are considered pretty high end in the world out there, but I have no idea how the quality holds up compared to "heimish" "italian" furniture. Have people been happy with kids beds from wayfair/target/walmart?

Also taking recommendations for stores near brooklyn or lakewood that carry good quality furniture in more modern, clean styles for reasonable prices.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:41 am
I love my Homesquare couch!

Beds are gonna b hard to find online because a) highrisers are a Jewish thing b)48" beds are a Jewish thing

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:48 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:

Beds are gonna b hard to find online because a) highrisers are a Jewish thing b)48" beds are a Jewish thing

Not looking for highrisers, nor 48 inch beds. Looking for twin size kids bedframes and king size beds. Going to check those couches out though.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:49 am
I have personally had very good experiences with Wayfair’s customer service. And I’ve been happy with the pieces I’ve gotten. I always make sure to check the reviews.

nchr

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 10:55 am

A highriser is a trundle bed...

Miri1

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 10:57 am
nchr wrote:
A highriser is a trundle bed...

Think a trundle is a pull-out bed , not a highriser.
or perhaps interchangeable.

nchr

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 10:58 am
Miri1 wrote:
Think a trundle is a pull-out bed , not a highriser.
or perhaps interchangeable.

Sure. The pull out part usually pops up or easily can be ordered to pop up. It's very common. Most people do not want to sleep on the floor lol.

kollel wife

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:05 am
My daughter just got married in Lakewood.

We ended up getting a kitchen table and chairs, couch and bedroom set all from Decorative Touch in Lakewood. I think all the frum stores are carrying very stylish things. The owner at Decorative Touch was very helpful and easy to work with (sometimes he was busy, we waited for him.) My daughter has very good taste (high end taste) maybe, and he really worked with us to make her happy. I don't know how to paste an image here, maybe someone will tell me, and I'll paste one of the images I had saved, which were from bedroom sets that we looked at.

I can't tell you about the lasting-ness as she just got married a couple of months ago, but the furniture seemed very sturdy.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:06 am
Op I understand you. We just did this not too long ago. Still shopping around.
Mattresses we got by Friedmans in Lakewood. Was told they're the best priced and I wanted good ones for the master bedroom.
Bed frames I got by mattresses master in Toms River. They have a website mattressmaster.net . I checked what I liked. I googled the style to find cheapest pricing. Then I went to the store and they price matched. They don't really have too much on display, they direct you to choose on their website.
What I liked about them was that they delivered and put it together for free. With wayfair I'd need to pay for assembly or put together on my own.
For a couch- we looked all over. I checked online too but I really wanted a comfortable one and there's no way to know just from the reviews if it's my type of comfortable. I need to sit on it.
We checked out all the local couch stores- Ashley, Raymour and Flannigan and the likes. I got dizzy and confused. We needed a sectional so nothing was as is.
Ended up getting from Katz furniture in Lakewood. They were the best priced. But not cheap.
If you need just a 3 seater you may have success with the non Jewish stores. There should be great deals this time of the year.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:10 am
nchr wrote:
Sure. The pull out part usually pops up or easily can be ordered to pop up. It's very common. Most people do not want to sleep on the floor lol.

Oh I never heard of that.
I'm looking for such a bed for my son's room. Don't want a highriser but I don't want a second bed that's on the floor.
Can I get a trundle with a bed that pops up, on wayfair? Or is it only the Jewish stores that make that?
To the amother that was happy with wayfair's service- did you ever order anything big that you simply didn't like when you actually saw it irl? Did they charge you return shipping?
From the website it seems that only damaged products get free return shipping.
That's why I'm hesitant to order anything big.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:13 am
By the way we were looking for a curio cabinet for a while online. Wayfair, overstock, allmodern, Amazon... Went to a local Jewish store that had a curio I saw online. The store was about $500 cheaper than all these online sites.
So just beware, it's not always cheaper online.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:17 am

As we are in the market for some new furniture too I wanted more info about homesquare. A quick search led me to this

https://www.trustpilot.com/rev.....e.com

nchr

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:23 am
asmileaday wrote:
Oh I never heard of that.
I'm looking for such a bed for my son's room. Don't want a highriser but I don't want a second bed that's on the floor.
Can I get a trundle with a bed that pops up, on wayfair? Or is it only the Jewish stores that make that?
To the amother that was happy with wayfair's service- did you ever order anything big that you simply didn't like when you actually saw it irl? Did they charge you return shipping?
From the website it seems that only damaged products get free return shipping.
That's why I'm hesitant to order anything big.

We have trundles with pull outs that pop up that we purchased from non Jewish stores.

I've ordered large items from Wayfair and they did return them for free or just told me to dispose of it and they refunded my card. I can't guarantee this will always be the case though..

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:32 am
We ordered custom couches online on black Friday. It took a couple of months to make and ship. I am very happy with them.

Ordered mattresses from overstock.com. They are high end and much cheaper than bricks ams mortar stores.

Great customer service from Wayfair.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics