Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
HELP!!! Just dyed shaitel I need for tomorrow!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:50 pm
Can anyone advise?!

I have dyed my shaitels several times and I have been happy with the results...I just dyed one I need for tomorrow, planning to set it tonight...it was an oxidized light warm brown with blond highlights...I dyed it warm golden brown and it is dark brown/closer to black than blond undertones!!! What went wrong? What can I do now with limited time???

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can anyone advise?!

I have dyed my shaitels several times and I have been happy with the results...I just dyed one I need for tomorrow, planning to set it tonight...it was an oxidized light warm brown with blond highlights...I dyed it warm golden brown and it is dark brown/closer to black than blond undertones!!! What went wrong? What can I do now with limited time???

Wash it a few times, washing it should strip if of any toners you used.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 3:17 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Wash it a few times, washing it should strip if of any toners you used.

This, and use very hot water with a bit of dish soap. Once you get the color out, you'll need to use conditioner.

If the hair has really turned black, there's a product you can get at Sally's (if you're in the US). It's called "Oops!", and it will strip the color out. Then you'll have to re-dye it to balance out the color and keep it from looking too brassy.

Next time, use Clairol Natural Instincts. It dyes true to color, and doesn't damage the hair. I've used it on dozens of sheitels, and everyone was always happy with the results. It also smells heavenly.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 4:04 pm
Thank you, friends! Off to wash out some dye now!

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 6:21 pm
Try very hot water first, it might help but it won't make a huge difference.
Buy developer 10 or 20 in beauty supply store. Use gloves, let it soak as long as possible. It will take off one shade without you having to dye it again. Overnight is best if it came out very dark but then you will have to blow dry it tomorrow morning! (not ideal! Best is to air dry!)
Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics