Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Having alot of children affecting your looks
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 2:35 pm
Deleted

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 2:50 pm
I recall being at the pediatrician with my 6th baby and someone overheard this. She said “ wow. You don’t look like you have 6 kids”. So I asked her what does she think a mommy of 6 should look like(!). There’s this secular assumption that mommies of lots of kids are fat, poorly dressed, no makeup etc. how insulting.

meme6

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 2:54 pm
I get what your saying! But I always think to myself those people don’t understand the value of kids or they will regret it later. I do know some people that they admitted not having a bigger family later on. Also I do make sure to buy up todate clothing and all no matter size I make sure to look good.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 2:55 pm
Well, I plan to have 15 children, and then do cosmetic surgery so I can look like Madonna at 50...

/justkidding

aricelli

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 2:57 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Well, I plan to have 15 children, and then do cosmetic surgery so I can look like Madonna at 50...

/justkidding

Noooooo!

hodeez

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 2:59 pm
I BH feel and look my best after #4

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 3:13 pm
aricelli wrote:
Noooooo!

If You can afford 15 kids, just put away 100 every month for cosmetic surgery in your 50s. Your husband will be so pleased, and you'll be the prettiest lady in the nursing home. On bring your bubby day, people will tell you that you look just like your granddaughter.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 4:37 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
I have the same impression. The more put together mother’s are also nicer to other women because they’re not so unhappy with themselves. It’s not always true but it is plenty of times.

This may be part pregnancy talk for you.

The more put together women are sometimes those doing LH about other women who don’t like to wear make-up. Wearing make-up often means you are unhappy with yourself as is. Bare faced people conversely often feel good about themselves as is.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 4:38 pm
Op, I completely agree with you SOME PREVIOUSLY SKINNY WOMEN are fatter....stomach pooch .....and are affected by having lots of kids.....

I dont think spacing kids matters as much bec. In general, a lot of kids even spaced does cause a stomach pooch BUT ITS MORE OBVIOUS ON SHORTER PPL!

yes, ppl here made great points that some ppl are childless and still fat while others are skjnny with many kids.

But, for the average thin person who doesnt have a lot of money and eats healthy with regular exercise....having a lot of kids does cause one to have a harder time being skinny.
The person who was fat before kids always struggled. The person who has money to pamper herself with a trainer/nutritionist/healthier foods/more help so less stress....is already in a different category bec. Stress makes one look older too.

Yes, op, theres a lot of pressure to look thin and a lot of women are thin despite having 8 or more kids. But, some of them must have a faster metabolism/better genes bec while a lot of ppl are exercising....not everyones body is going back to "thin" like before kids.

Everyones body works differently, but for ppl who were thin before lots of kids, its hard. I used to be thin, and really hate my body after kids. I know I will never look as good especially bec. Im short..others who are tall with a pooch, its not as obvious. For me, I struggle with this. And no matter how hard I try, it wont come off"". And, I work hard on it.

But, op, I completely understand the pressure. I also think the thin women who are moms of many children don't understand us struggling (previously thin) women. Some ppl have it easy in that area, and others work hard to lose and get results while others work hard but still dont lose.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 4:40 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
The more put together women are sometimes those doing LH about other women who don’t like to wear make-up. Wearing make-up often means you are unhappy with yourself as is. Bare faced people conversely often feel good about themselves as is.

This is very true.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 4:43 pm

Funniest post of the year award.
Maybe women who wear clothing instead of bikinis are insecure too Wink

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 4:45 pm
"For every woman who hates get stomach rolls is another woman who wishes she had them."

Also, women who wear makeup are NO more likely than non makeup wears to speak LH. Please stop fooling yourselves.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 5:45 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Funniest post of the year award.
Maybe women who wear clothing instead of bikinis are insecure too Wink

Nothing funny here. Clothing is a requirement of basic daily interactions. People don’t generally go to work in their bikinis, bikini models aside. Wearing makeup is a pressure that some people feel. Others are happy to not wear it. It doesn’t mean that the make-up wearers are happier with themselves, that’s all I was saying, no need to poke fun.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 5:47 pm
ectomorph wrote:
If You can afford 15 kids, just put away 100 every month for cosmetic surgery in your 50s. Your husband will be so pleased, and you'll be the prettiest lady in the nursing home. On bring your bubby day, people will tell you that you look just like your granddaughter.

50 isn’t old btw (just a few years shy myself) and I am not a bubby or bubby type, in fact, I have a child in diapers. Madonna is 60 fyi.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 5:49 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
"For every woman who hates get stomach rolls is another woman who wishes she had them."

Also, women who wear makeup are NO more likely than non makeup wears to speak LH. Please stop fooling yourselves.

I was responding to the poster who was saying that put together women are nicer because they like themselves more. I responded in kind. Both arguments are obviously ridiculous.

aricelli

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 5:50 pm
ectomorph wrote:

I croak like a frog Argentina! “Dont cry for me” though...

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 6:31 pm
I totally understand op. When I see women dressed to the nines looking perfect I can’t help but wondering what choices they are making to get there. I don’t assume it’s spacing, though. I feel like a lot of time, energy, and money go into maintaining their looks. While I sometimes feel envious of the way these women look, I know that is not where I want to put my resources. Meanwhile, I’m just trying to get comfortable (and hopefully one day confident) in my dimpled, poochy skin.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 6:33 pm
50 isn’t old btw (just a few years shy myself) and I am not a bubby or bubby type, in fact, I have a child in diapers. Madonna is 60 fyi.

Not old, just not worth it to do a tummy tuck until you're done having kids...

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 6:35 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Not old, just not worth it to do a tummy tuck until you're done having kids...

I would never risk elective surgery for vanity even if done having kids.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 6:36 pm
I'm kidding, don't worry.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics