Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to end Measles Hysteria
Previous  1  2

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 4:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How do you make the measles 2019 epidemic disappear?

End the legislative session.

The agenda is so obvious. Uch.

Start by STOPPING ALL THE MILLIONS OF THREADS ON MEASLES

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 4:45 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Southern Bubby, I'm sorry you had that fearful experience and glad you had the opportunity to vax your kids. My grandparents remember the measles as a normal, uneventful part of childhood.
For decades there were parents who chose to vax and parents who opted out due to personal concerns and everyone lived happily together. Suddenly this year, nonvaxxers became a "danger" and a "threat". Tell me that's not all hype, fear mongering and deliberate marketing!

In the late 1950s, immediately before the introduction of the measles vaccine in 1963, as a result of measles virus infections, an average of 150,000 patients had respiratory complications and 4000 patients had encephalitis each year. These complications and others resulted in an estimated 48,000 persons with measles being hospitalized every year.

So if your grandparents thought it as normal and uneventful, they just weren't paying attention. Or they were accustomed to kids dying.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 4:47 pm
Boruch Hashem all NORMAL people have other subjects to discuss (more intelligent) only the PRO MEASLES cultists keep bombarding us....GO AWAY.....

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 4:58 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Boruch Hashem all NORMAL people have other subjects to discuss (more intelligent) only the PRO MEASLES cultists keep bombarding us....GO AWAY.....

We should start a fund to expatriate them to developing countries where they will be more accepted; I mean, that is, if they don't make the native citizens sick.

nchr

Post Sat, Jun 29 2019, 10:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's too bad on her. You can't be a stupid and uninformed anti-vaxxer. Most anti-vaxxers are not so foolish. I for one gave the MMR because I didn't want to risk the disease. Other anti-vaxxers I know knew what they and their kids are going into and made the decision that the pain is worth the gain.

This comment makes no sense. Many anti vaxxers claim measles is a simple, harmless childhood disease. Its not. The posters sister was probably told this by anti vaxxers and feels guilty after realizing what it is- a serious infection that is not mild and harmless and although many children do not experience complications, many do, and even those who do not, do in fact experience pain etc.

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Jun 29 2019, 10:57 pm
In my community, fully vaccinated adults were catching and spreading the measles. It's easier to blame the nonvaxxers than admit the vaccine is not foolproof or flawless. Pockets of vaccine preventable outbreaks are common because vaccines are not 100% effective, every few years this happens; it's nothing new. What is new is the mass hysteria that ensued.

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Jun 29 2019, 11:01 pm
For all the talk about deadly and dangerous measles, I have yet to see one tehillim email sent or tefillah gathering listed for those inflicted by the measles. I would think our tefillos on behalf of those dying and suffering from the measles would be much more helpful than misdirected anger.

My4Jewels

Post Sat, Jun 29 2019, 11:05 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
In my community, fully vaccinated adults were catching and spreading the measles. It's easier to blame the nonvaxxers than admit the vaccine is not foolproof or flawless. Pockets of vaccine preventable outbreaks are common because vaccines are not 100% effective, every few years this happens; it's nothing new. What is new is the mass hysteria that ensued.

Those adults were catching it from non Vaxxers!! Sure sometimes a vaccine effectiveness wears off but usually it doesn’t matter since the disease because of herd immunity is not around any longer. But it has begun to matter that the older adults vaccine wore off because Banging head stupid antivaxxers were kind enough to bring this disease back

Banging head

nchr

Post Sat, Jun 29 2019, 11:07 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
For all the talk about deadly and dangerous measles, I have yet to see one tehillim email sent or tefillah gathering listed for those inflicted by the measles. I would think our tefillos on behalf of those dying and suffering from the measles would be much more helpful than misdirected anger.

I know of a woman who is blind from the measles although they are trying to see if surgery can help (as of a few weeks ago - I daven for her but haven't heard the update and really hope they were able to fix that). There were also several children in the ICU. I dont practice measles hysteria. I was responding to someone who posted that anti vaxxers shouldn't be stupid and think measles is nothing and then feel bad when they older children say they felt like they were dying chv, when many anti vaxxers say that the measles is like a simple cold.

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Jun 29 2019, 11:19 pm
My4jewels, why is a nonvaxxer more likely to spread measles than a vaccinated adult who does not have immunity? Not sure I follow the logic...
Let's trace back the measles to the first infected person and have him tried and hung...

nchr

Post Sat, Jun 29 2019, 11:46 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
My4jewels, why is a nonvaxxer more likely to spread measles than a vaccinated adult who does not have immunity? Not sure I follow the logic...
Let's trace back the measles to the first infected person and have him tried and hung...

She is probably trying to say that if there would be enough individuals vaccinated there would be herd immunity and no significant outbreak. AFAIK the vast majority of outbreaks in other states resulted in no community acquired cases only, if they did, only primary cases because of herd immunity. But IRL I dont know of any measles hysteria really because people dont tend to discuss heated topics like this, except for the few who love confrontation.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 12:50 am
nchr wrote:
She is probably trying to say that if there would be enough individuals vaccinated there would be herd immunity and no significant outbreak. AFAIK the vast majority of outbreaks in other states resulted in no community acquired cases only, if they did, only primary cases because of herd immunity. But IRL I dont know of any measles hysteria really because people dont tend to discuss heated topics like this, except for the few who love confrontation.

There were some news reports of families torn apart because of anti-vaxers who felt that it was not a big deal if someone got sick as a result of them.
There were pregnant teachers who threatened to quit rather than teach non -vaccinated kids who could cause them to give birth prematurely to an infected baby. The anti-vaxer response was that if the mother would have had measles as a kid, her fetus would be safe but why should their non-vaccinated children pay for the failure of the vaccine to protect the teacher?
There were the medically fragile who were warned in no uncertain terms to avoid any exposure to the measles as well as mothers of infants afraid to take the babies out.

So, yes, I do see hysteria. Some of it may be unwarranted because there were non vaccinated kids who were excluded from school for months who never gave anyone measles or caught it themselves and vaccinated people who did catch measles and transmit it. The CDC and health departments have learned a lot from the outbreak.
I do agree that it is possible to have family get togethers if everyone agrees that sick people should stay home but that rule wouldn't work in a school or shul setting.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 9:55 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

The only way to stop those threads is to not respond to them. I was about to give a nice long response and decided to stop the negative attention given to those posts. Next Measles thread that comes up let's start ignoring!!! LOL

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 9:57 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

Yes yes yes!!! Same by us! Pro vaxxers were spreading the disease and catching it too. Lol!

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 10:05 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Yes yes yes!!! Same by us! Pro vaxxers were spreading the disease and catching it too. Lol!

That's total baloney. Most people infected by the measles were kids from non vaxed homes and some adults who were not vaxed as kids. Only few cases were actually of vaxed people who lost immunity etc.

In my kids school, the few cases of measles where kids from non vaxed homes. The school promptly took action those kids and possibly infected siblings should stay home till not contagious. Interestingly, those few non vax families moved here from willi. The majority people here do vaccinate, therefore the outbreak is bh under control in my area.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 10:37 pm
yksraya wrote:
That's total baloney. Most people infected by the measles were kids from non vaxed homes and some adults who were not vaxed as kids. Only few cases were actually of vaxed people who lost immunity etc.

In my kids school, the few cases of measles where kids from non vaxed homes. The school promptly took action those kids and possibly infected siblings should stay home till not contagious. Interestingly, those few non vax families moved here from willi. The majority people here do vaccinate, therefore the outbreak is bh under control in my area.

The meshulach that infected Detroit mistakenly assumed that he had measles as a child. The men that he infected had been given a single dose years ago.
A large percentage of those who were not vaccinated were infants.

nchr

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 9:19 am
For Rockland County

Less than 1 year old: 11.6%
1-3 years: 26.5%
4-6 years: 13.1%
7-18 years: 27.3%
19+ years: 21.5%

76.7% have had 0 MMRs
4.7% have had 1 MMR
3.3% have had 2 MMRs
15.3% have unknown status

Not to mention that the unreported cases are likely to be unvaccinated children whose parents do not want to talk to DOH or doctots.

How does this data indicate vaccinated adults are spreading measles? The majority of cases (79.5%) have been in children and over 95% have not been vaccinated or were under vaccinated or cannot provide documentation of vaccination. It is evident unvaccinated individuals, mostly children, are being hit hardest.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 9:45 am
nchr wrote:
For Rockland County

Less than 1 year old: 11.6%
1-3 years: 26.5%
4-6 years: 13.1%
7-18 years: 27.3%
19+ years: 21.5%

76.7% have had 0 MMRs
4.7% have had 1 MMR
3.3% have had 2 MMRs
15.3% have unknown status

Not to mention that the unreported cases are likely to be unvaccinated children whose parents do not want to talk to DOH or doctots.

How does this data indicate vaccinated adults are spreading measles? The majority of cases (79.5%) have been in children and over 95% have not been vaccinated or were under vaccinated or cannot provide documentation of vaccination. It is evident unvaccinated individuals, mostly children, are being hit hardest.

I would think that the unknown status group would most likely be middle aged adults because the status of children could be verified by computer search.
Infants were over 11% because they had no vaccine protection.
I would like to see statistics of how many innocent people were infected by careless anti-vaxers, as opposed to anti-vaxers who wanted to catch measles and deliberately exposed their kids. This would be compelling evidence that the choice not to vaccinate adversely affect society in case there are any appeals for the religious exemptions law.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics