Home

Where to order disposables

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


cozyblanket




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 27 2019, 9:48 pm
I tried getting big cases of cheapo paper plates, bowls, and plastic bowls/spoons/forks but when I saw the $60 shipping at checkout, I backed out. Costco doesn't have the cheapo 7oz cups or 1000 case of cheap spoons or forks.

If you access these OOT, where do you get them from?
Back to top

srbmom




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 27 2019, 10:26 pm
Where I live there is a local restaurant supply store that carries these types of items - maybe look if you have something local like that.
Back to top

ruchelbuckle




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 27 2019, 10:58 pm
Ugh, I wish I had a good answer for you! I actually have a paper goods store in my basement (I live in the middle of nowhere) and my original business model was to ship to all different out of town communities. However, the shipping charges make it so not worth it— for the consumer.
I know in my city, the people who don’t get their paper goods from me get them from the dollar store or restaurant depot. It’s likely that you have some sort of restaurant depot- type place in your city, but they are not usually in typical commercial shopping areas.
If you want to PM me with what you’re looking for, I can weigh the items and find out the exact shipping cost to your zip code.
Back to top

teachkids




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Jun 28 2019, 5:32 am
Check Amazon, I think they're trying to break into the market
Back to top

cozyblanket




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Jun 28 2019, 8:05 am
ruchelbuckle wrote:
Ugh, I wish I had a good answer for you! I actually have a paper goods store in my basement (I live in the middle of nowhere) and my original business model was to ship to all different out of town communities. However, the shipping charges make it so not worth it— for the consumer.
I know in my city, the people who don’t get their paper goods from me get them from the dollar store or restaurant depot. It’s likely that you have some sort of restaurant depot- type place in your city, but they are not usually in typical commercial shopping areas.
If you want to PM me with what you’re looking for, I can weigh the items and find out the exact shipping cost to your zip code.


Isn't restraunt depot only for business? I just want for my private home.
Back to top

ruchelbuckle




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Jun 28 2019, 8:38 am
cozyblanket wrote:
Isn't restraunt depot only for business? I just want for my private home.


Ah, I forgot about that. yes, it’s for businesses and non-profits. I got in because I once went shopping for my kids school PTA—and then I got my own card. it’s not like Costco or BJs where you are not allowed to share cards, you can just add as many people to the organization as you want.
Back to top

cozyblanket




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Jun 28 2019, 8:46 am
ruchelbuckle wrote:
Ah, I forgot about that. yes, it’s for businesses and non-profits. I got in because I once went shopping for my kids school PTA—and then I got my own card. it’s not like Costco or BJs where you are not allowed to share cards, you can just add as many people to the organization as you want.


Someone offered to add me to her business even though she knows I'm only using it for personal reasons so that I can shop at Restaurant Depot. I asked her if this was honest and she said that if the business owner allows it and knows what you're using it for and still is okay with it, then she doesn't see what the problem is. I'm not so sure. What do you all think?
Back to top

ruchelbuckle




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Jun 28 2019, 10:16 am
I am fairly certain that restaurant depot allows this. I know that they certainly do not make it difficult for you—- I just walked in and said, “hello. I am buying supplies for My Kids School PTA.” I think I even had a letter on me on the school stationery, but I don’t think they looked at it. The clerk looked up the account for My Kids School PTA and said “okay..” She gave me a card.
Again, it’s not like Costco or BJs that charge you for a membership: however, if you have any concerns, definitely ask your LOR.
Back to top

srbmom




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Jun 28 2019, 10:26 am
Our restaurant supply store is not Restaurant Depot, it is a privately owned local company. They offer a yearly membership for businesses or they tack on about $3 to your bill if you're not a "member". I go about twice a year to stock up - well worth the $6
Look if there is such a thing in your neighborhood
Back to top

Amarante




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Jun 28 2019, 11:00 am
I'm not sure of how cheap you were looking at, but I get stuff from amazon and they seem to have fairly good prices and a wide selection of quality and configurations.
Back to top

mha3484




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Jun 28 2019, 11:02 am
I get big packages of paper plates and bowls at target. The prices are pretty decent.

I get 1000 ct utensils pesach time from a sale in my area. It lasts me most of the year.

My local grocery sells 10oz plastic cups for pretty cheap so I just get those with my regular grocery trips.
Back to top

ddmom




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Jun 28 2019, 1:19 pm
Try bargainboutiquedeals.com
She post good deals and before yom tov she advertised a bunch of good deals on plastic plates (most on amazon!)
It's not always on sale but she lets you know when they are on sales!
If you ever come to n.y/ n.j ,stock up in amazing savings!
(Or ask ppl when they come visit you and ask "what can I bring?" Very Happy )
Back to top

Coke Slurpee




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Jun 28 2019, 1:36 pm
Gordon Food Service doesn't have any membership requirements or fees. They sell things in bulk and are pretty reasonably priced.
Back to top

cozyblanket




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Jun 28 2019, 5:46 pm
Thank you everyone!
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Order linen online
by amother
12 Sat, Aug 17 2019, 11:14 pm View last post
Order tights online 2 Wed, Jul 31 2019, 9:38 am View last post
Where in Lakewood to order Fleishig Takeout 8 adults 9 kids?
by amother
13 Sun, Jul 14 2019, 2:58 pm View last post
by sra
Where can I order gorgeous orchid plants?? 14 Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:08 am View last post
Where can I order a cheesecake in Israel made with j&j
by amother
5 Tue, May 28 2019, 5:27 pm View last post

Jump to: