Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
The Craziness Knows No Limits
Previous  1  2

unexpected

Post Sat, Jun 29 2019, 11:20 pm
This happened to me as a child. The police came at 10:00 at night to serve papers and I opened the door. I was not traumatized. They come at night because that is when working parents are usually found at home. They come a little late because they are not particularly interested in a small child opening the door. They need an adult to come to the door in order to serve papers. If the adult is in the kitchen and sees the cops and refuses to come to the door, then they need to leave, which means they need to come back again to serve the papers. This is not 2:00 in the morning pounding on the door with the intent of scaring the inhabitants. As an aside, when the police came to my door one early morning because my baby had mistakenly called 911, nobody was traumatized either.

itsmeima

Post Sat, Jun 29 2019, 11:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did you click on the link. she's a prov-vaxxer. that's the problem. government overreach doesn't differentiate. you can't be pro-government overreach only when it doesn't affect you. you (ok, not you cuz you don't live in nyc) voted in these officials and politicians.

I double checked the article - where does it mention that “she’s pro-vax”?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 12:18 am
itsmeima wrote:
I double checked the article - where does it mention that “she’s pro-vax”?

Another article about her stated that her 8 older kids are all fully vaccinated and this baby was behind on his shots because he's had recurrent infections that prevented him from being vaccinated.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 12:33 am
southernbubby wrote:
Another article about her stated that her 8 older kids are all fully vaccinated and this baby was behind on his shots because he's had recurrent infections that prevented him from being vaccinated.

She doesn't say that here. All she says is that she didn't know there was an emergency order to vaccinate at a younger age. And once she was cited, it took two months until she actually vaccinated him because he had whatever other infections and the pediatrician advised waiting.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 1:48 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
She doesn't say that here. All she says is that she didn't know there was an emergency order to vaccinate at a younger age. And once she was cited, it took two months until she actually vaccinated him because he had whatever other infections and the pediatrician advised waiting.

That article omitted the info that she was not avoiding vaccines. The health department was foolish not to take out ads in the Yiddish papers and Williamsburg Bulliten. They could have posted signs. There is no law that someone has to be online. It pays for health departments to know something about their constituents.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 1:56 am
It starts with schools laxing and parents lying that it's a religious thing. Parents and admin using fake religion as an excuse. Shame shame shame on school admin. Shame shame anti vaxers. Also chasidishe rabonim were quiet for months. They ignore and ignore while they have every shalosh seudos a platform to speak. They ignored other isues in the past as well.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 8:50 am
southernbubby wrote:
That article omitted the info that she was not avoiding vaccines. The health department was foolish not to take out ads in the Yiddish papers and Williamsburg Bulliten. They could have posted signs. There is no law that someone has to be online. It pays for health departments to know something about their constituents.

All of the local pediatricians should be well aware of the regulations, and informing parents. Why wasn't this the case?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 9:10 am
All of the local pediatricians should be well aware of the regulations, and informing parents. Why wasn't this the case?

They would have to either phone or mail notices to each family of an infant and then follow up with them to make sure they had a 6 month well visit. There is usually a 4 month shot so I am not sure why it wasn't addressed then. The mandate is a couple of months old at least.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 9:14 am
southernbubby wrote:
They would have to either phone or mail notices to each family of an infant and then follow up with them to make sure they had a 6 month well visit. There is usually a 4 month shot so I am not sure why it wasn't addressed then. The mandate is a couple of months old at least.

This whole story happened to the woman in April. Most families in Williamsburg who actually use pediatricians in a normal way (ie they vaccinate, have well checks, and treat illnesses with medication) visit fairly often due to large family size. So there should be plenty of opportunities to disseminate this information in person. Besides that, a phone or mail campaign would not be that complicated.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 9:23 am
This whole story happened to the woman in April. Most families in Williamsburg who actually use pediatricians in a normal way (ie they vaccinate, have well checks, and treat illnesses with medication) visit fairly often due to large family size. So there should be plenty of opportunities to disseminate this information in person. Besides that, a phone or mail campaign would not be that complicated.

I think that many times busy doctors fail to provide necessary information. It would be great if pediatricians followed the newest obstetrics model which is to gather women in the same stage of pregnancy in groups and discuss the topics that pertain to that stage. This way, no necessary information is overlooked, questions are answered, and group friendships develop which helps to reinforce what they learned.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 3:06 pm
Southerbubby, don't you see how you're rationalizing?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 3:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Southerbubby, don't you see how you're rationalizing?

Well, maybe. She claimed to be pro-vax. Are you saying that I am trying too hard to find excuses for her? The story does have a hole but I don't know if that's due to stress and logistics rather than avoidance of vaccines.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics