Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Faxing time sheets for agency. HOW DO YOU DO IT??
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 12:01 pm
Please help me.

I know some agengies use apps so all paperwork, reports/time sheets....are done via phone or computer.

But, what did you do before the computer was used?

If you worked for an agency such that you had to fax the paperwork in, did you all have a fax machine?

I dont have a printer. So, I asked the secretary to mail me the tine sheets. They are giving me a hard time.

And, I am using a free fax online after taking a picture and uploading to my computer, but the fax is coming out unclear.

I dont understand the agency. They still do everything old fashioned but then dont want to mail me the original sheets.

Please tell me what you did before using apps.

How did you get the templates? How did you send the papers back to them???

Thank you.

(One person I spoke to said she mails it back to them. This doesnt make sense because I have one day after last day of service to send it in.)

watergirl

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 12:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please help me.

I know some agengies use apps so all paperwork, reports/time sheets....are done via phone or computer.

If you worked for an agency such that you had to fax the paperwork in, did you all have a fax machine?

I dont have a printer. So, I asked the secretary to mail me the tine sheets. They are giving me a hard time.

And, I am using a free fax online after taking a picture and uploading to my computer, but the fax is coming out unclear.

I dont understand the agency. They still do everything old fashioned but then dont want to mail me the original sheets.

Thank you.

(One person I spoke to said she mails it back to them. This doesnt make sense because I have one day after last day of service to send it in.)

Go to Staples and use their fax machine.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 12:14 pm
watergirl wrote:
Go to Staples and use their fax machine.

Thanks.

I must fax these papers every two weeks and like I said...I have one day to do it. I went to staples to print out my tax return, but it took so long for the customer service to get to everyone...

So, im trying to come up with an easier method which is why I figured ill post to see what others do. A lot of ppl work for agencies.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 12:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks.

I must fax these papers every two weeks and like I said...I have one day to do it. I went to staples to print out my tax return, but it took so long for the customer service to get to everyone...

So, im trying to come up with an easier method which is why I figured ill post to see what others do. A lot of ppl work for agencies.

If it's such an issue, and I needed it for my job, I would just buy one. It's really not a large purchase, and you can write it off if you are 1099

watergirl

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 12:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks.

You should look into getting a printer that is a 3 in 1 - printer, scanner, and fax. They sell them very cheaply, under $80 at Target. Its part of the cost of doing business. In 2019, telling your boss that you cant do xyz because you don't have a printer is not acceptable. And a combo machine will take care of this issue.

ETA - I understand why the secretary gave you a hard time mailing the paperwork to you. Its not her job to do these basic things that an employee is expected to furnish themselves.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 12:29 pm
I'm not following this.

The form they want you to fill out - can they email this to you? can you complete it on your computer? Can you then efax it to them?

Why do you need to take a picture of something, or print something?

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 1:08 pm
Get a printer it’s essential for your job. Then you can get a scanning app for your phone and send them the sheet via email.

dankbar

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 1:27 pm
Take it into office in person

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 1:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please help me.

Thank you.

I don't understand.

Why don't they email you the templates in pdf format, you fill them out online using Acrobat, and email them back.

If you really need them to be printed, purchase a printer/scanner/fax machine. This is needed for your work.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 1:50 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I'm not following this.

The form they want you to fill out - can they email this to you? can you complete it on your computer? Can you then efax it to them?

Why do you need to take a picture of something, or print something?

Please tell me about this.

Once I have the form(which they mailed to me at the beginning since they needed me), I fill in the times by hand and I sign it by hand. Then, I took pictures of it and uploaded.

I have no problem with uploading it .....

But, please explain to me if she emails it to me, HOW CAN I FILL IT OUT ON THE COMPUTER? ITS NOT A WORD DOCUMENT !!

These are pdf documents.

I know for taxes this year, I did a special pdf that was fillable on the computer(this was a special arrangment the tax ....paid for....

But, pls tell me how to fill out a pdf document on the computer(this is not fillable).

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 1:52 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Get a printer it’s essential for your job. Then you can get a scanning app for your phone and send them the sheet via email.

They want it faxed.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 1:54 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I don't understand.

Why don't they email you the templates in pdf format, you fill them out online using Acrobat, and email them back.

If you really need them to be printed, purchase a printer/scanner/fax machine. This is needed for your work.

How do you fill it out using acrobat?? I never knew I could edit and write on a pdf.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How do you fill it out using acrobat?? I never knew I could edit and write on a pdf.

You should be able to add a text box.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:15 pm
Is there any reason to not get a printer /scanner ? They are relatively inexpensive .

groovy1224

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You can't unless you upgrade and pay for the enhanced version.

If you don't want to do that, there's a website I use- https://www.pdfescape.com/windows/

You upload the doc you want to edit, and you can white out and type whatever you need.

nchr

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks.

What about an e-fax?

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They want it faxed.

There are plenty of free services to send faxes. If you can scan it will be much clearer than pictures.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:40 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
There are plenty of free services to send faxes. If you can scan it will be much clearer than pictures.

Exactly. I use a scanning app and a fax app. Everything is super clear and I use my phone exclusively to send lots of important documents. The whole process is very quick.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:41 pm
My Apple computer just automatically allows me to fill in text on any pdf document. I can even add my signature which I scanned. No need for special software.

OP - If you don't want to invest in a printer which as others have stated, is a relatively cheap investment, have someone print out a copy of the form and then make 30 or so Xerox copies. Fill these out and then have them faxed at any kind of place that faxes commercially.

However, you will find that it is much cheaper in the longer run to invest in an All In One printer/scanner/faxer because you can scan the document and fax it for free from home. Also much more convenient.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:45 pm
nchr wrote:
What about an e-fax?

I do this, but it didnt come out clear.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics