Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Should I not go?
Previous  1  2  3

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 6:07 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Or from where people had been in the previous 2 hours.

I wonder if all those threads questioning "why the outrage" "why such anger" towards antivaxers is penned by the same people who equate it with "catching germs".

I think they truly dont understand how much more contagious it is than other diseases, and they also dont understand the consequences it can have ch"v.

They have "leadership" such as RFK Jr, Toni Bark, Del Bigtree, Bob Sears, and Andrew Wakefield to teach them the wonders of contracting measles.
I was sitting outside one Shabbos with my Pirkei Avos and another lady sitting outside, without any mention at all from me (the emes), brought up that they are anti-vaxers and the kids have had measles. It's a status symbol for her. I told her that I was vaccinated on doctors orders.
After she left, another lady volunteered that her husband was against smart phones and vaccines, however, she was the one who was in charge of the doctor visits so the kids got whatever shots that the kids needed.
It looks like people identify as members or non-members of the movement.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 6:18 pm
The 2 hours is only for enclosed spaces. And the chances of contagion go down steadily over those 2 hours. Someone coming in 10 minutes late has a much greater chance of catching measles than someone coming in an hour later.

Not trying to minimize measles in a baby, which is obviously something to avoid, but the chances of getting it when taking some precautions in a bungalow colony are pretty low.

BrachaBatya

Post Sat, Jun 29 2019, 4:49 pm
I wouldn't go.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics