Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
They have to buy their own tshirts!
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 10:17 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Is this the kind of camp where girls expect and receive cash tips?

No tips afaik!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 10:19 pm
creditcards wrote:
I wouldn't mind if they charge because I would consider it as another outfit she can wear and buy her one less shirt for camp. In the 9 days when they don't have enough clothing, that's considered an outfit.

Not really because my daughter is working there only first half,she won't be there during the 9 days! (I doubt she'll wear it after camp!)
It's a short sleeve shirt that has to be worn with a shell under! Rolling Eyes

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 10:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not really because my daughter is working there only first half,she won't be there during the 9 days! (I doubt she'll wear it after camp!)

Can she resell it for $4?

creditcards

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 10:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I hear you. You are right then.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 10:36 am
I'm assuming that they try to get away with it. If you'd call them and make a fuss I'd assume they'd tell you that you can have it for free. I think it's your choice.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 11:47 pm
Remembered about this thread.
My daughter was told to pay $15 for a camp shirt!!! She's a JC in a Brooklyn camp, no Youth Corp, will get paid $250 for the whole summer.
I think it's a major chutzpah!! She won't get lost on a trip. They want campers to be able to easily spot her? Then they should provide it!!
My daughter doesn't want me to call them (embarrassed) and I'd actually be scared to call cause they might not take her back next year.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 11:54 pm
creditcards wrote:
I wouldn't mind if they charge because I would consider it as another outfit she can wear and buy her one less shirt for camp. In the 9 days when they don't have enough clothing, that's considered an outfit.

No teenager will wear a day camp t-shirt outside of camp. Mine definitely wouldn't.
(Not to mention, it's always a short sleeves one, requiring a shell, thus making it 2 layers in this heat).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children