Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Spend more time with your child & less time with selfies

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 3:43 pm
Jen Flint was enjoying a pre-dinner swim with her family at a local pool in St Augustine, Florida, when she noticed a stylish mom staging a photo shoot.

“After finding just the right angle and the right light, Mama pulled out her tripod and took a few selfies with her daughter,” Flint began in a lengthy Facebook post that has gone viral with more than 129,000 shares “Little one smiled big and said, ‘Cheese’ like she’d done it a million times.”

This line got my attention

Quote:
Many of Flint’s younger friends “are seriously depressed” and struggling with self-doubt because of what they see on Instagram. “They feel like they’re not good enough,” Flint explained to to TODAY Parents. “It’s important to remember what we see in our feeds is just one tiny moment. You don’t know what happened before or after the picture was taken.”

https://www.today.com/parents/.....57310

zaq

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 4:20 pm
What struck me about the article--which I admit I barely skimmed, because, really, what is there to say--was that the writer said Ms. Flint "shares" six children with her husband. Sharing is nice but, really? Even if it's a blended family, couples don't "share" children the way they may share a bed, chores, secrets, dessert or a home. Ugh.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 9:58 am
Odd
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics