Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
WE time -share yours

Turquoise

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:31 pm
Hi
I just saw this concept on a different thread and thought it was such a good idea!
Any ideas of we time or things you did recently with your kids?
The way I understand it we time is a way to do something you enjoy doing that involves your kids(obviously me time is important but on summer schedule I personally have no extra time or energy)

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:34 pm
Gardening Smile we smack dirt together.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:36 pm
Puzzles! I love them. It turns out dh is pretty good. One of my kids is amazing at placing those pieces that somehow you can't figure out. We sit around it and work on it and talk.

DVOM

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:38 pm
Painting
Sewing
digging

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:39 pm
We do alot of game nights in the summer. Bananagrams, scattergories, Boggle, monopoly, etc...everything goes. Popcorn or other snack included.

I've also done a giant hooked rug with my girls that took us a few summers to complete.

yksraya

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:39 pm
Baking cookies. Make dough in advance.

Painting.

Take them to a park.

Stars

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:40 pm
Baking, coloring, planting. and painting!

SingALong

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:41 pm
Board games
Baking

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:48 pm
My son isn’t at the age yet we can sit and draw together (I know because I tried it last week and he colored all over the pencil portrait I was making of him!! He looked at me proudly and said- me! Me! Oh well, at least you recognized who I was trying to sketch!) or do anything I enjoy together. Have you ever tried exercising with a two year old?

We both love to go out. So.. We try to go outings that both me and my toddler enjoy. It’s tricky because he IS a toddler.

For example- shopping with him becomes annoying for both of us. A soft play area is loads of fun for baby but boring for me. (It can become fun when I go with a friend though.) But a trip to the beach or if we rent a pool is fun for all.

Yesterday we went to a racetrack- my son enjoyed watching the horsies, I enjoyed the race and DH enjoyed betting. There was even a small playground at the end of the track. It was great for all.

A zoo or museum or farm can be interesting for both.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:54 pm
I enjoyed the past week with my daughter so much when she was off from school! We went swimming, got massages, went for lunch, shopping (ok she didn’t enjoy that so much)... we also sometimes color together and play games.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:58 pm
Anything involving ice cream Ice cream
Playing board games with my ten year old
Coloring with my little girls
Going to the beach

Those are some of the things I can do with a child and we both truly enjoy.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 3:05 pm
shopping
bringing them when I go to the mall for myself
it's been hot so I didn't go out much but we love picnics

aricelli

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 5:07 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I enjoyed the past week with my daughter is much when she was off from school! We went swimming, got massages, went for lunch, shopping (ok she didn’t enjoy that so much)... we also sometimes color together and play games.

So sweet! How old is she?

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 5:25 pm
It depends. Anytime my kids are enjoying themselves it becomes truly enjoyable for me... Gardening, cleaning the house together and then we treat ourselves, I enjoy taking them to the library, love watching them play in parks, love going for walks with whole fam where they can show off their bike riding, scootering, rollerblading tricks and I get to shmooze with husband.... Sitting on porch after dinner or shabbos afternoon with freezepops... any project, planting, making necklaces, baking (not so much the mess) I don't like most games but rumikub is a game we can all enjoy starting with younger kids. Watching them swim, go in sprinkler.... I'm sure there is more..

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 5:47 pm
I finally figured out how to do this. Because I'm not a mom who enjoys most of these things so it ends up being something I'm doing for them. And I really want the message to be I enjoy spending time with you (instead of I'm doing this for you).
So now I take the kids out separately here and there to places that I would (technically) go to meet friends or things I'd do to chill if I allowed myself the time.
I offer a list of options and they excitedly choose. Teens out to Dunkin Donuts, little ones out for ice cream, for sushi, window shopping to a place the kid picks and enjoys like NYC or Century 21/Claire's. Just 2 hours. We hold hands and stroll leisurely and talk.
Now BH I feel like I'm enjoying THEM not just doing for them.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 5:50 pm
Baking
Swimming( I’m not in the pool but we are all the same kinda wet at the end of the day)
Playing board games
Checking out Target🎯

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 6:13 pm
We like to take the kids out somewhere every Sunday or so something on the house together. Yesterday we did the zoo. We also do the farm, lots of parks and bike riding. We did ceramic painting a few weeks ago. Plan on boating in next couple weeks and also central park.
In the house we spend time playing games, playing outside, reading books, sprinkling. This year we spent a lot of time building a garden and planting flowers and vegetables.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 6:19 pm
I have four boys we do advanced Lego sets together (1,000+ pieces) the two younger ones mainly work at finding the peices and the older two and I work on figuring out how to build it. It works out well bec they like Lego and I like puzzles.

dankbar

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 6:25 pm
Shabbos I played many games with my kids & read them books.

Yesterday I made a daycamp in my house for my daughter & all the neighbors' girls that were off from school. Later my kids went swimming at my neighbor's pool & I supervised them

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 6:47 pm
aricelli wrote:
So sweet! How old is she?

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics