Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Twin birth when discharged from hospital

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 9:52 pm
Do u get same hospital stay as single baby or longer?

Fox

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 9:56 pm
My experience is almost 24 years out of date, but I suspect little has changed. I gave birth Thursday evening (no C-section) and was discharged on Friday in time to get home for Shabbos, which was my preference.

My twins stayed in the hospital for an extra week to make sure they were eating enough, and that was wonderful! I had a whole week to rest and get ready for them. When the nurses said they'd miss my girls, I offered to bring them back each night, but they strangely declined my offer. Very Happy

crl

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 10:46 pm
I gave birth on a Monday and was released Wednesday, along with my twins, thank God.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 10:58 pm
I gave birth Monday and was released Wednesday while my twins needed to stay for a few more days. This happened over a yom tov and I needed to stay in a bikur cholim apt near the hospital.....was not fun in the least bit!!

Israeli_C

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 1:24 am
This will probably depend on where you're living. I stayed in for the usual 2 nights (same as a singleton birth). The other patients said I'd get an extra day if I requested it, but I wanted to get home to my other kids.

essie14

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 2:07 am
crl wrote:
I gave birth on a Monday and was released Wednesday, along with my twins, thank God.

That was my sister's experience as well. BH the babies were healthy enough to go home with her.

teachkids

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 4:38 am
My guess is it would depend more when they're born than anythint else. Twins tend to be premie, so if yours are, that's a longer stay. If they stay in long enough, then they should go home in 2 days like any other baby

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 5:11 am
I stayed 3 days after my twin birth via c-section, even after some major complications. I was grateful to go home though. I don’t like being in the hospital.

ETA 3 days is typical following any c-section.

Bshaa tova!

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 7:30 am
I got to stay an extra night because my twins were in the NICU but not as a patient, as a courtesy. The nurses didn’t check in on me and weren’t allowed to give me medicine or anything like that. One of my twins stayed for a few weeks, the other for 6. They had a shabbos room that I could reserve for sleeping there on shabboses.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 7:41 am
My twins were born at thirty two weeks
One weighed 3.5 pounds the other 4.pounds
One twin came home before the other
They had to stay in the hospital for extra time to gain weight .

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 7:54 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
I stayed 3 days after my twin birth via c-section, even after some major complications. I was grateful to go home though. I don’t like being in the hospital.

ETA 3 days is typical following any c-section.

Bshaa tova!

Where do you live?

I got 5 days after a c-section which is the norm here.
Trust me, you’d rather get the 2 days than have to undergo a c- section for 5 days.

Op, ask your doctor by your next appointment. They know exactly what the hospital policy is.

B’shaa tova! So exciting!!

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:13 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Where do you live?

Trust me, you’d rather get the 2 days than have to undergo a c- section for 5 days.

Op, ask your doctor by your next appointment. They know exactly what the hospital policy is.

I’m in the US. New York State.

chatz

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 10:19 am
I went home with my twins after two days bh. But they were full term, regular delivery, no NICU.

They would have given me an extra day if the babies needed it, but not more.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 10:22 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Where do you live?

I got 5 days too, premature twins, csection, in New York.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:50 pm
I was in the hospital for 4 days, in New Jersey following a c-section.
My babies stayed for a couple of weeks because they were preemies and needed to gain weight.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 1:09 pm
I didn't have twins, had one, but he was in the NICU for 6 weeks.
I had a C-section, it was on Monday afternoon and they were going to discharge me on Thursday but because my baby was in the NICU they said I was allowed to stay till Friday if I wanted and I did.
ETA: this was in NYC, this year.

finprof

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 1:45 pm
2 nights, one twin came home with me but the other stayed in the NICU for a week

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 2:07 pm
I would have fought for more days if I needed it, but I was very eager to be done with hospitals.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more