Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
14 year old DD does not want to get vaccinated
  Previous  1  2  3  25  26  27

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 1:39 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Again I tried to copy and paste and it doesn't work Banging head Banging head

If someone can post it, The Atlantic that was posted today, has a super interesting article about how the DIY ,self help, individualism , of the 70's grew into the anti-vax movement of today.
Trigger warnings for anti-vaxers, the article is neither supportive or flattering.

The link. https://www.theatlantic.com/ma.....2756/

Quote:
In an interview, Reich told me that some anti-vaccine activists describe themselves as “researchers,” thus equating their scouring of the internet on behalf of their families with the work of scientists who publish in peer-reviewed journals.

About sums up how I feel when I read posters write "do your research".

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 1:59 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
About sums up how I feel when I read posters write "do your research".

Thanks apricot!

But I think that what makes them hard to take is the Libertarian attitude that the government doesn't have the right to force them to care about their neighbors.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 2:21 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Probably the damage from a vaccine has to have occurred within a reasonable time frame. If Grandma gets a flu shot and then has a heart attack or stroke 6 weeks later, enough other causes might have happened between the vaccine and the adverse event. Even if in reality the flu shot did cause Grandma's heart attack, it will be impossible to prove and Grandma's doctor probably won't report it.
It takes cancers and autoimmune disorders months or years to develop so it's speculation to say that a connection exists.

It would be interesting to see what the rate of these disorders are in totally non-vaccinated people but most older people have been vaccinated for something.
Obviously a study with an agenda probably won't be accepted.

So then how come we all agree that x-rays increase cancer risk, which is one reason pregnant women don't get them, when the actual risk doesn't increase until like 20 years later?

Why do we care so much about asbestos exposure, the damage of which also doesn't show up for years?

Granted, perhaps in the middle of a smallpox epidemic, long-term studies were not feasible. But there is NO reason why now, in 2019, we can't expect someone to be checking for long-term effects of vaccinations, especially when those vaccines are REQUIRED by law.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 2:22 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Thanks apricot!

But I think that what makes them hard to take is the Libertarian attitude that the government doesn't have the right to force them to care about their neighbors.

I care about my neighbors, so when measles came back to the US I gave my kids the MMR.

But that's all I gave, so I am anti-vax. I am the enemy.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 2:42 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I care about my neighbors, so when measles came back to the US I gave my kids the MMR.

But that's all I gave, so I am anti-vax. I am the enemy.

You are not the enemy; you did the right thing.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 2:51 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
So then how come we all agree that x-rays increase cancer risk, which is one reason pregnant women don't get them, when the actual risk doesn't increase until like 20 years later?

Why do we care so much about asbestos exposure, the damage of which also doesn't show up for years?

Granted, perhaps in the middle of a smallpox epidemic, long-term studies were not feasible. But there is NO reason why now, in 2019, we can't expect someone to be checking for long-term effects of vaccinations, especially when those vaccines are REQUIRED by law.

I was hit by a car at age 50 and was massively x-rayed and had stage one breast cancer at age 56. Was the cancer related to the accident or was it from vaccines, or lifestyle choices? There is no way to know.

OTOH, after 9/11 it was well established that rescue workers inhaled toxic fumes that shortened their lives.

The only way to compare the health levels of vaccinated and non vaccinated is to find people of each age to compare but when they tried that in Amish country, most of the Amish actually did get some vaccines.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 4:22 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Thanks apricot!

For me its that they haven't studied political theory, philosophy of science or philosophy of medicine.

Frumwithallergies

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:14 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
See, thats the thing. YOU see why this one is SO important. But, in the grand scheme, this was pushed and approved and now is recommended. YOU oppose it but majority votes did not. This is the same with every vaccine. Do you think this is the one and only vaccine with risks? Risks isnt a new thing. How do you know the effects of Gardasil anyways? The same "bluff" CDC info that we have for everything else?
A baby has antibodies from being attached to a placenta and then more if nursing. Measles isnt even close to as dangerous as it is made out to be. Look at the study done for measles to show how its 'contagious for 2 hrs'.. its a study done in temperature of Sahara desert where it THRIVES and a large amount of virus released into a closet like room. Of course it will survive in that temp. We do not live with suck humidity levels and it CANNOT survive that long in the areas that we live just from breathing the air. People who purposely exposed themselves didnt catch it. Some had to expose 4-5 times. I am not making any of this up. Study is an ACTUAL PUBLISHED study and the exposure was told to me FIRST hand.

Many vaccinated people caught the measles and vaccine is live which means it sheds so why so fast to blame the unvaccinated? The vaccinated know to stay home when exposed and showing symptoms. Unvaccinated think they are protected and walk around with cold symproms thinking they arent contagious and meanwhile contamilnate their surroundings. Measles is shown to actually improve cancer! FACT!!!!!!! Its not that people dont care. They heck sure care and therefore wont poison their kids. Ive seen vaccine injury in my family and its real stuff!

Back up your claims on previouis posts liike I have been asking if you want to try to get your points acrosss. All I see are the same things pro vaxxers say over and over after hearing it or seeing on the social media internet.

Where are your primary sources? Your data?
These are powerful words.
Should I exposed my husband with chemo to your measles virus? Will that help him more than chemo?

Frumwithallergies

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:23 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
back it up. show me it doesnt shed. its a LIVE virus for heaven sake, just like the others you mentioned. Immune compromised arent supposed to be around or receive the vaccine.

You are forgetting that it is a live ATTENUATED vaccine (so essentially inactive; it's role IS to trigger a partial immune response---a Memory--- for when the individual is exposed at a later time).

nchr

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:54 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
no it doesnt. It reads like, the high rate of vaccination during the outbreak may have contributed to the outbreak. see the difference?

But it did not. You were trying to imply that the active cases were caused by the vaccine shedding or who knows what else, but it was not. All of the cases were linked go the Philippines.

nchr

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:18 pm
Measles does not shed:
No evidence of human-to-human transmission of the measles vaccine virus has been reported amongst the thousands of clinical samples genotyped during outbreaks or endemic transmission and individual case studies worldwide.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27083423

The rubella component has been found in breast milk in very rare cases, so it is possible that the rubella may shed. Try to avoid the breastmilk of recently vaccinated individuals if you are not immune.
Page 27 of 27   Previous  1  2  3  25  26  27 Recent Topics