Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Favorite bra for large bust
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:01 pm
If you are large-busted, what bras have you found that are really comfortable? I am suffering from neck and shoulder pain and tension headaches due to the pressure of the straps on my shoulders. I think I'm about a 34 or 36 DD. Help!
(Reduction is not an option at this time or probably ever due to expense. Also I had one as a very young woman and, well, here I am again 20 years later in the same boat. And that surgery was NOT fun, rather brutal to recover from, in fact.)

Rappel

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:36 pm
Panache is an amazing brand.

I'm not minimizing your pain, but, just to confirm: a 34DD doesn't sound very large to me. Definitely change your bras to supportive ones, but is it possible that the headaches are from another source? Even bad posture can cause headaches and shoulder/neck pain, aside from a plethora of other causes

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:37 pm
Wacoal.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:38 pm
Rappel wrote:

Where do they sell this brand?

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:39 pm
Wacoal and Freya are my favorites

Sunnydays

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:43 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Wacoal.

The best!

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:43 pm
You are presently a little smaller than me. I love the Bali 0180. It gives great support and shape. Make sure you are sized right. I’d rather wear a 34DDD than. 36DD.

Rappel

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:44 pm
BTW, if you want to figure out your proper size:

measure your ribcage below your chest. Let's say that number is 34 inches. That's the number part of your size.

Now wear just a shell, and bend forward at the waist. In that position, measure around the widest part of your bust. Let's say that number is 39 inches.

Find the difference between the two numbers.
39 - 34 = 5.

Now check the sizing chart of the brand you want to buy. Because the difference between your bust and your waist is 5 inches, your letter size will be the 5th option in the chart.

For example: WonderBra offer sizes A, AA, B, C, D, and E. You would wear a 34D in a WonderBra.

BeautyBra's sizing chart runs A, B, C, D, DD, DDD, E. Five in, you would wear a 34DD if you bought a BeautyBra.

I hope that's clear!

Rappel

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:46 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Where do they sell this brand?

I used to buy them in NYC, but they're carried in many lingerie shops. Another vote for Freya, and I've heard good things about Wacoal.

Last edited by Rappel on Tue, Jul 02 2019, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 1:10 pm
Definitely Wacoal.

I also use silicone bra strap holders to make the straps more comfortable. You can get them online or in a lingerie store for under $10.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 1:16 pm
What stores in Brooklyn sell Wacoal bras?

renslet

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 1:52 pm
Wacoal is sold almost anywhere, Amazon, Macy's, herroom, Hanes.
There is a full figure minimizer that works amazing for me.
Also Bali satin tracings is great for big busted.
Although to be honest, that size sounds pretty normal to me.
Maybe if you are close to one, go to Nordstrom or Macy's and ask them what they suggest.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 1:55 pm
I don’t like minimizes, they just squish me and make me look fat and round. A nicely shaped bra gives me a more flattering and feminine look. And my clothes look better.
I’ve been consistently happy with Bali. It’s way cheaper on Amazon.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 2:16 pm
Rappel wrote:

I'm not minimizing your pain, but, just to confirm: a 34DD doesn't sound very large to me. Definitely change your bras to supportive ones, but is it possible that the headaches are from another source? Even bad posture can cause headaches and shoulder/neck pain, aside from a plethora of other causes

Thanks for all the help, everyone.
It's definitely my bras causing the pain. I am very petite otherwise except for my chest, they don't match the rest of my body. And probably I'm wearing a size too small.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 2:17 pm
renslet wrote:
Wacoal is sold almost anywhere, Amazon, Macy's, herroom, Hanes.
There is a full figure minimizer that works amazing for me.
Also Bali satin tracings is great for big busted.
Although to be honest, that size sounds pretty normal to me.
Maybe if you are close to one, go to Nordstrom or Macy's and ask them what they suggest.

I hope I'm not derailing this thread. If I am, I apologize. I actually have a Wacoal bra that I love but I've gained a little weight and it doesn't fit well anymore. I really need to be re-fitted by a professional and there's nobody in Macy's to do that. That's why I asked what stores sell wacoal...I figured they would be able to help me.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 3:27 pm
Abergele Minimizer Underwire Bra

My teenager loves it!

chicco

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 3:40 pm
Natori was a life saver for me.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 3:50 pm
Depending on your body shape, your size can be different from the one you get by measuring. Getting professionally fitted is 100% worth it.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 3:59 pm
For the 1000th time on this forum lol...
Edith Lance 747

They really should pay me a commission

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 4:00 pm
Definitely Edith lances! So supportive and comfortable. It’s expensive but lasts a very long time.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics