Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Doona?
Previous  1  2  3

noidea

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 6:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yeah I think that's what I'm gonna do. It's such a stupid contraption. But good to hear that some people like it! I'll be able to get rid of it.
I have an excellent stroller (which I put tons of research into) that folds in 1 piece with 1 hand and adapts to many carseats.
Which carseat should I get? Thinking of the chicco key-something. It scored like a 9/10 on the safety tests and they say its lightweight. Anyone have it? Or have any other recommendations?
[quote]

Im not sure how to reply I just hit quote?
After a not great experience with my 1st sons car seat I did a lot of research once my 2nd son was born and after taking into account a lot of factors I chose the chicco (forgot exact model- its grey colour) and am very happy with it!

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:06 am
I like that it saves me space in the trunk and it’s easy for travel on trains, planes, cars, cabs. Instead of having to bring a striloller and a car seat. It’s one piece.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
....right but fact is it scored a 3/10 on the crash test and basically all safety tests. So it's not great at all. It's a cool idea, though!
The seat of my stroller lifts off the wheels so that I can adapt a carseat on. It's nice and compact when folded, and it takes 2 whole seconds longer than a doona.

Which stroller is this?
I'm expecting our third (I still can't believe it! I am so grateful!) and our graco snap n go is old and doesn't function well (to the point that safety is compromised) so I need to replace. Maybe the one you have is a good option.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:08 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
The position is also not good for the spine and posture. A baby's spine is still soft & can become deformed from this position.

And what about any carseat? Is is different? I had a maxi cosi for my 2 kids and really want a doona for my next..

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:10 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
And what about any carseat? Is is different? I had a maxi cosi for my 2 kids and really want a doona for my next..

I think that babies are not supposed to be in any car seat for extended periods of time. Especially out of the car. The issue with the doona is that babies end up spending much more time in them.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:11 pm
Yes, a doona is different than any other carseat. It's much more upright. The baby ends up in a funny position. It's not good for babies to be in any car seat for too long, but because people use the doona as a stroller, the baby ends up being in it alot.

sarahiam

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:14 pm
we have it and love it, super convenient and never had any issues BH Bli Ayin Hara

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:16 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I think that babies are not supposed to be in any car seat for extended periods of time. Especially out of the car. The issue with the doona is that babies end up spending much more time in them.

but I used my maxi cosi as a stroller too. we bought a snap n go so baby is in it same amount I would think

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:19 pm
With my first I had a travel system (stroller,bassinet and car seat) but I lost the car seat and the adaptors for it so before I had my second I was looking into buying a new car seat and adaptors or the doona
In the end I got the doona.
One main reason was because my stroller was a very big one and since we had moved to ISRAEL it did not fit in the boot easily or through the hallways/lift in my building.
I mostly drive everywhere so I’m using the doona like I would use a normal car seat and adaptors.
When my baby gets too big I’ll buy a simple stroller.
I do find it is hard to push sometimes along the bumpy streets in Israel but other than that it’s so useful!

CanadianNYer

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 9:02 pm
I sometimes wish I had bought the doona, living in NY. But the price is so steep.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics