Home

Elegant and/or plated dishes Help!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Guests

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:06 am
We moved to a new community and the homes we have been to put much more into presentation for meals than I’m used to. Confused We are gluten free. Please share ideas for serving that look great. I don’t have big girls to help so prefer something that I can do in advance. Are there any gadgets or tools you recommend? TIA
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 11:18 am
Anyone?
Back to top

aricelli




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 11:29 am
Are you looking for different ways of plating food? Or things for the table? Or serving trays?
Back to top

amother




Tan


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 11:39 am
serve dips individually in a clear plastic trio
(something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-.....58398)

serve a side of salmon of salmon slices atop spiralized zucchini or cucumbers

spiralized sweet potatoes for lettece salad with avacado and a blasamic vinagaerette
dont mix the salad till everyonie sees the layers Smile

make eggs and liver towers using wonton wrappers or gluten free crackers

serve a few kugels or sides on one tray in rows or the like

Best of Luck!! Let us know what you end up doing and how it goes!
Back to top

DVOM




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 11:40 am
What sort of food do you normally serve, OP? If I had a better idea of what your menu is, I would love to help you think of more upscale ways of serving. Or are you in need of menu help? I am also gluten and sugar free. Give me more details, and I'd love to help you!
Back to top

amother




Black


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 11:49 am
You can use round food molds to easily make food like rice or roasted vegetables look a little fancier.
Back to top

aricelli




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 11:51 am
I have simple eaters so I enjoy cooking simper and plating the food nicely:
I find that anything on skewers look nice- three tiny meatballs, little cubes of salmon, roasted veggies with folded pieces of deli in between. Alternatively, I buy the clear tiny rectangle plates and put a big meatball on it with a fancy toothpick stuck in. The little teardrop plates are good for dressing. There are also lots of nice cupcake holders- so you can either bake food in there or just cut a piece of kugel or anything and put it in. I used it recently for a scoop of cooked squash and onion mush.
Back to top

aricelli




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:05 pm
I’ve seen salads shaped like a wreathe. Also seen meat cubes on a bed of lettuce. I kind of combined the two ideas and it looks very nice- the lettuce in a circle and the meat in the middle. my kids are not so into sides (I wish I could say the same!)
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 1:25 pm
aricelli wrote:
Are you looking for different ways of plating food? Or things for the table? Or serving trays?


Plating food
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 1:28 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
serve dips individually in a clear plastic trio
(something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-.....58398)

serve a side of salmon of salmon slices atop spiralized zucchini or cucumbers

spiralized sweet potatoes for lettece salad with avacado and a blasamic vinagaerette
dont mix the salad till everyonie sees the layers Smile

make eggs and liver towers using wonton wrappers or gluten free crackers

serve a few kugels or sides on one tray in rows or the like

Best of Luck!! Let us know what you end up doing and how it goes!


Thanks for the great ideas! Do you cook the sweet potato? How?

What is an egg tower? TMI
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 1:33 pm
DVOM wrote:
What sort of food do you normally serve, OP? If I had a better idea of what your menu is, I would love to help you think of more upscale ways of serving. Or are you in need of menu help? I am also gluten and sugar free. Give me more details, and I'd love to help you!


So nice! Pretty healthy and simple meals. Soup. No schnitzel. Roasted chicken. Green salad and another side salad. Fish. Dessert. Gluten free desserts just don’t hold their shape well for plating. Some potato or grain for DH.

I could use menu help too!
Back to top

amother




Slategray


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 5:03 pm
I take the mini peppers and roast them
When I serve I just lay them around the plate
It starts looking like a posy flower
Back to top

aricelli




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 5:07 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I take the mini peppers and roast them
When I serve I just lay them around the plate
It starts looking like a posy flower

Sounds so pretty! Is this for a big platter in middle of the table or individual?
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 03 2019, 5:14 pm
you can use a round stacker utensil to layer eggs & liver, or for rice or for 2 different colors of ice cream layered.

you can put slice salmon or salmon cube skewer on top of angel hair pasta or put long strings of beets or carrots spiralized/julienned? on top of slice salmon.
you can make a slanted cup out of zucchini for dip/ or use a little clear spoon dish or square lucite little thingy for dip.

for soup you can use those spoon thingies for croutons.
You can do two colors of thick soup & ladle into plate together for a half side of plate one color & other half other color. garnish soup with crispy onions or fried pastrami etc
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Guests

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Need HELP
by amother
0 Today at 4:30 pm View last post
Skirts ages 3-4 need help from Frum Oilam!
by amother
20 Today at 3:20 pm View last post
"My Pillow" - Do you have one? Does it help u sleep better?
by amother
5 Today at 2:16 pm View last post
Moths, moths everywhere! Help!!
by amother
7 Today at 10:18 am View last post
Help! Lakewood caterer for shloshim
by kermit
9 Yesterday at 6:26 pm View last post
by boat

Jump to: