Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
I Need a Therapist in Northern NJ

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 11:38 am
I am looking for someone who can guide me in how to act with a child who acts very challenging (moody, nagging, screaming, tantrums...) only at home. Has excellent behavior in school.
Please respond with any recommendations for a female therapist in Northern NJ.

aricelli

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:44 pm
Sorry for posting this name again (just posted on a different thread) but we just loved our therpist! Unfortunately she moved to montclair - I am not sure where in Jersey she’s practicing now.
I would bring my son in once a week for an hour - I joined in the session and it was awesome. Then I had a phone session follow up where we discussed the past session and the next session and any concerns I had, tips for home, school etc she fid a lot for my son and she’s a sweetie!!! Her name is jessica Loughlin and you can check her up online. You can call or email to see if she’s right for you.

aricelli

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:45 pm
Oh gosh- is this the same thread moved out of kosher kitchen? Sorry for reiterating then and wishing you lits of hatzlochah with your child!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 2:31 pm
Thanks for the recommendation. (This is the first thread I posted about this- someone else must have asked before.)
If anyone else has any recommendations, please respond.

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 2:36 pm
You can try Linda Salta

You can also try New Jersey Jewish children and family services. They have therapists on staff.

Both take insurance.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 3:03 pm
Bumping to see if anyone has any other recommendations for therapists in northern NJ. We only want someone frum. A plus if they take insurance. Thanks

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 3:50 pm
Try looking up Yael Walfish. She's very good. She works in passaic....I think.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 3:52 pm
We heard good things about Amanda Levy (but no personal experience with her). She sees people in Nutley.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children