Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Easy shmeasy summer suppers
1  2  3  4  Next

tweety1

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 6:06 pm
I put this in this category cuz I wanted it to be "amother" enabled.

My 2 biggest eaters are in camp therfore wanna take it very easy in the kitchen this summer. I'm looking for literally easy shmeasy suppers. Today I did roasted broccoli, frozen French fries, and frozen chicken nuggets. Any other ideas?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 6:39 pm
Hot dogs (broiled on pan in oven) and buns. I added ketchup, pickles, and cucumber slices. (OK, sometimes I skipped the cucumber...)

I also like falafel balls (frozen) heated in oven, plus pitas, chumus/techina, cut up vegetables or store bought Israeli salad.

A little more advanced: Taco shells, ground beef browned with taco seasoning, salsa, and cut vegetables.

ETA: How could I forget pizza???

The all-in-pan baked ziti from imamother is also wonderful. (Pour box pasta into pan, add jar pasta sauce, refill jar with milk and/or water, 8oz shredded cheese, mix, bake for an hour covered)

tweety1

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 6:45 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Hot dogs (broiled on pan in oven) and buns. I added ketchup, pickles, and cucumber slices. (OK, sometimes I skipped the cucumber...)

I also like falafel balls (frozen) heated in oven, plus pitas, chumus/techina, cut up vegetables or store bought Israeli salad.

A little more advanced: Taco shells, ground beef browned with taco seasoning, salsa, and cut vegetables.

ETA: How could I forget pizza???

The all-in-pan baked ziti from imamother is also wonderful. (Pour box pasta into pan, add jar pasta sauce, refill jar with milk and/or water, 8oz shredded cheese, mix, bake for an hour covered)

Falafel balls my kids don't like.
Buns and hot dogs I'll add to the menu as well as baked ziti cuz I can bake that covered. Fresh pizza is an option, frozen isn't cuz I dont have a milchig oven.
Thanx. Keep the ideas coming!!!

ddmom

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 6:55 pm
Grilled chicken either on top of salad or sliced in a pita with grilled vegetables!
Easy and yummy!

yksraya

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:04 pm
Shwarma chicken (pre seasoned). You fry a diced onion and add the chicken, and mix well. You then keep mixing it every few min till done.

You can serve it in a pita with salad as a side. Or with fries or baked potato.

momsrus

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:06 pm
Recipe from ami works great

Chicken strips in equal amount do ketchup mayo honey and coated with corn flakes

Spray with cooking spray

Bake on cookie sheet on 425

yksraya

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:11 pm
You can do patties with ground meat. Form into balls and flatten a little, dip into bbq suace and broil on both sides till browned. Or grill it. Serve it in burger buns with lettuce, sour pickle slices , thin slices onions, tomatoes, with or without ketchup or mayo. I let the kids decide what they want in it.

amother
Salmon

Make a mixture of mayonnaise and onion soup mix.

Cube potatoes and coat in half this mixture, and bake on 350, covered, for approximately an hour and a half to 2 hours.

10 minutes b4 dinner, use leftover mixture to coat thin chicken cutlets and either bake or fry them til pink is gone.

Open a can of corn. Or peas. Ir fresh baby carrots.

Delicious.

karat

Hamburger in buns.
You can buy preformed patties.
Take a few garlic cloves, bake in pan with oil.
Add mayo and optional-garlic/onion powder, mix with mayo and you have homemade garlic mayo.
Slice up sour pickles, onions, tomatoes etc.
Bake corn on cub in oven as a side.

Onion chicken-dip chicken cutlets into duck sauce, dip into French-fried onions and bake.
Bake rice in oven as side.

Lasagna in oven with uncooked noodles.
Corn salad as side.

Baked salmon with baked sweet potatoes or bake potatoes, cut in half. Add s&p, melt a sliced cheese on top.

dankbar

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:50 pm
Theres frozen flounder/or tilapia some come breaded already & fry

Theres frozen eggrolls just fry or bake
There frozen franks & blanks just bake for 20 min
Frozen checked broccolli or cauliflower, put onto baking sheet with oil & spices & bake till browned

You can do tuna or scrambled eggs, with fresh veggies, stuffed in a whole wheat pita & you have a supper on the go.

tuna patties is easy

cooked pasta or cooked rice is easy

frozen cheese blintzes just reheat.

If you dont have dairy oven you can reheat stuff in sandwich maker, indoor dairy grill or betty crocker pizza maker

MiriFr

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:56 pm
-Meatballs and spaghetti
-Scrambled eggs with toast
-Any kind of chicken cutlet that you pour sauce over and throw in the oven
-Mac and cheese
-1 pan meatloaf and potatoes
-Pizza bagels
-Tuna melts
-Deli sandwiches
-Paninis

Maybe get a toaster to use for milchig?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:58 pm
Frozen raw breaded tilapia. Dust with garlic powder and salt, then slide into oven on a cookie sheet. Add frozen sweet potato fries on another cookie sheet at the same time.

Grilled cheese and tomato soup (Rokeach canned condensed soup with milk and oregano added when heating).

Toss raw cubed chicken nugget pieces with seasoned corn flakes crumbs and bake. Mix rice & boiling water in a pan, cover and slide into oven next to chicken.

Broil seasoned dark chicken cutlets with potatoes cut into 4 wedges.

Buy pre-formed raw burgers (fresh or frozen) and bake on cookie sheet. Serve on buns with all the fixins (condiments, red onion, tomatoes and pickles).

Oven baked shakshuka with warm crusty bread.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:59 pm
Falafel
Ziti
Turkey sandwiches
Frozen pizza
Grilled cheese sandwiches
Wraps and cheese with toppings in a frying pan
Franks:potatoes dish
Grill- easy and your kitchen stays clean

My kids basically eat ices for supper every night. It has h2o and vitamin sugar. What more is needed anyways?

sweet

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:01 pm
Chicken and potatoes in a crockpot.
It takes me not more then 10 min. And everyone loves it.
I do a mixture of honey ketchup and bbq sauce.
I Also do grilled balsamic chicken and veg in a pan that we put into wraps.

dankbar

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:20 pm
blend yogurt with frozen fruit maybe little orange juice or milk & voila! Youve got a yummy smoothie!

salads

yougurt/fruit/granola cups

dankbar

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:26 pm
breakfast for dinner like pancakes/waffles come ready frozen or frozen batter.

french toast

yksraya

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:32 pm
Ooh! Do you have a waffle maker or pizza maker? The kids love waffles! In a waffle maker with parchment paper you can also make pizza sandwiches. Or use a pizza maker if you have.

Fave

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:45 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Frozen raw breaded tilapia. Dust with garlic powder and salt, then slide into oven on a cookie sheet. Add frozen sweet potato fries on another cookie sheet at the same time.

Grilled cheese and tomato soup (Rokeach canned condensed soup with milk and oregano added when heating).

Toss raw cubed chicken nugget pieces with seasoned corn flakes crumbs and bake. Mix rice & boiling water in a pan, cover and slide into oven next to chicken.

Broil seasoned dark chicken cutlets with potatoes cut into 4 wedges.

Buy pre-formed raw burgers (fresh or frozen) and bake on cookie sheet. Serve on buns with all the fixins (condiments, red onion, tomatoes and pickles).

Oven baked shakshuka with warm crusty bread.
[b]

Would love the recipe for oven baked shakahuka. Thanks

tweety1

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:47 pm
yksraya wrote:
Ooh! Do you have a waffle maker or pizza maker? The kids love waffles! In a waffle maker with parchment paper you can also make pizza sandwiches. Or use a pizza maker if you have.

I bought a George foreman for fleishig and same idea different company for milchig special now for the summer. My milchig has reversible plates so I can make waffles too.

tweety1

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 8:47 pm
Tnx everybody. Love all your ideas.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days