Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Is NY WIC paperless

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 12:12 am
I was on wic years ago and I found the checks very annoying that I had to buy exactly what was on them, even If I didnt want all the items then. I just had a baby and I see I that I am now eligible for wic again. I read that as of 2019 ny wic is going paperless. Is that really true? How is the new system?

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 12:17 am
Brooklyn is. They're doing area by area. It could be the whole NY by now. I don't know.

It's amazing! Wic shopping now takes me a quarter of the time it used to. You get a card. The same benefits are on the card as were on the checks but you can use them during the month at your own pace. They expire each month (same as in the past).

There's also an app so you can track your benefits. Also, the receipts from the store tell you how many of each item is left.

Prettygirl30

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 9:16 am
Wait you don't have to sign? Meaning if my husband isn't on the folder he would still be able to go and pick up a milk?

If this is how it is boy do I hope Lakewood NJ gets a move on it lol

watergirl

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 9:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was on wic years ago and I found the checks very annoying that I had to buy exactly what was on them, even If I didnt want all the items then. I just had a baby and I see I that I am now eligible for wic again. I read that as of 2019 ny wic is going paperless. Is that really true? How is the new system?

Its still going to have specific items. Just on a card. WIC is not SNAP, where you can get different foods. Its to provide a certain type of food.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 9:28 am
Its specific items, but you can buy whatever you want whenever, and not have to buy all of them at once.

On the checks it was specific amounts you had to buy even if you weren't going to use it

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 9:29 am
Prettygirl30 wrote:
Wait you don't have to sign? Meaning if my husband isn't on the folder he would still be able to go and pick up a milk?

If this is how it is boy do I hope Lakewood NJ gets a move on it lol

You have a PIN that you put in. No signature

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 3:45 pm
Do you still have to go down to the office every three months?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 4:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you still have to go down to the office every three months?

Yes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries