Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Southern California Imas are you OK?

gingertop

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 1:51 pm
Any of you on this site? Everything OK? Sending hugs and prayers Hug Hug

etky

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 2:08 pm
Apparently the epicenter was in the San Bernadino region which is not so populated rather than in the LA metropolitan area- unlike the Northridge quake whcih caused so much damage and claimed lives.
My Uncle and family are just north of LA. Gonna check on them....

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:07 pm
As posted above, the epicenter was in the desert so very far from metropolitan Los Angeles areas. I listened to news so I wasn't able to learn about any destruction or injuries/fatalities closer to the epicenter. It was 6.6 so I hope there wasn't too much damage to people close to the epicenter - it's in the desert and the last time there was a quake in the desert, there weren't any fatalities as I recall - fingers crossed this time.

I am located close to La Brea and my building started swaying. It is always alarming because you don't know whether it is the start of something bigger or when or if it goes to subside. Luckily (at least for me) just when the rocking started to get relatively strong it stopped and all that was left was that the chandelier in my bedroom continued to rock.

I just finished remodeling my kitchen and bathrooms and I thought OY I should have said a zillion KH because obviously something would happen just when I was almost all settled back in. My crazy neighbor two floors above and in the next stack flooded his unit and so I had a month of delay while my wall had to be taken down and replaced - took so long because the old drywall had asbestos and had to be removed by a hazmat crew. Banging head Banging head

monkeys

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 4:02 pm
We are Bh far from the epicenter. I was napping and woke up to tons of rattling. Everything was swaying. I just hope the kids in camp are ok and not too traumatized...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics